How accurate is the clipping light on the bass knob

Participant count
  • Participant list

Learninsubsandshi

CarAudio.com Newbie
So I have a Skar audio 4500.1D amplifier

And the bass knob came with a clip light, and doing some test with it, the light comes on way before the subs start audibly clipping, should I trust the light or audibly?

I would be inclined not to push it and usually, a lot of those warning lights are late to the game, not early. If you push it to audible, and it's very noticable, you are likely past that point too.

Give this a try and see how it measures up.

I would be inclined not to push it and usually, a lot of those warning lights are late to the game, not early. If you push it to audible, and it's very noticable, you are likely past that point too.

Give this a try and see how it measures up.

Hell yea, that’s how I tuned my old subs, expect I didn’t have the scope I just did it by my ear, but these new subs have a clip light and it’s throwing me off, cause I don’t hear any distortion but the lights goin crazy

I have a Mustool MT8206 that I paid nowhere near what they are selling for on Amazon now. I got mine on Amazon for close to $40. I was going to upgrade to the MT8208 $80-$90 on Amazon because the display has better resolution for the waveform. The MT8206 does work fine though. I think they are copies of the Liumy Oscope.

Just got that one the other day as mine finally broke. It works as it should be does take a little time to get used to and figure out as they don't come with a manual. Get the deluxe as it has more probes with it. Also updates via PC via Windows 10. The manual you can get online if you search for it and has all the right instructions with it.

I was under the impression bass knob clip lights were fairly accurate.
BigDWiz's test of JP23 showed clip light was in agreement with the amp dyno clip light.

Anyone know the technology behind clip light and what turns it on?

I was under the impression bass knob clip lights were fairly accurate.
BigDWiz's test of JP23 showed clip light was in agreement with the amp dyno clip light.

Anyone know the technology behind clip light and what turns it on?
I would assume they are pretty accurate as long as they are directly tied into the clip circuit on the amp. Having said that, the signal traveling down the remote wire may arrive at the knob fractions of a second after the clip light comes on at the amp... I doubt the difference in time would be noticeable.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...