Hit brakes and sub gets 2x louder

check your fuse under the hood. some times ANLs or other styles get a loose connection. Mine did that a ways back and i found the fuse to be a little faulty. swapped in a new one and problem solved.

friend has a 97 Buick we actually took my system out put it in his car. Every time his door is opened or trunk is poped its twice as loud. When I had it in the Mazda this was not even a factor. Didn't sound any different if my doors were opened or closed. But yeah the underfighter knows everything. And I wouldn't know sh I t about my box sliding around since all together it has to weigh more than 100 pounds.
thats a wiring issue.

first secure it and see if that helps. i really cant think of any reason that would happen. nor have a heard of it.

id also double check your rcas, make sure they arent ran near any power wires etc.

u have an aftermarket head unit right? ive heard of a few times subs doing some crazy things when u tap into the rear to wire it to a stock head unit.

other then that im pretty stumped myself. im def curious to see whats going on here too.

forget your car. its the crappy installation
There always has to be one ****, huh?

You barely know anything about my installation and why even post if you're just going to be a dicksmack?

Otherwise, thanks to everyone else who has helped in a polite manner! Actually I moved my box to the front of my trunk and it hasn't done it since!

It could be a wire pinched and when you it the brakes the wire gets better connection.
Even though I "solved" the problem today (by pushing the box to the front of my trunk); I pulled every bit of slack from my power wire to my trunk and actually noticed a pinched point after my distribution block, didn't think anything of this until you said something.

Last edited by a moderator:
There always has to be one ****, huh?You barely know anything about my installation and why even post if you're just going to be a dicksmack?

Otherwise, thanks to everyone else who has helped in a polite manner! Actually I moved my box to the front of my trunk and it hasn't done it since!
mhhmm okay

My last sub did the exact same thing so I can pretty much rule that out as the problem.

All wires are secured tight and have a solid connection, though most of them are crossed and in a pile in the trunk. My 6x9 amp and sub amp are both flopping around loose on the trunk floor, but no wires can really touch. I tried smacking my amp around today while it was playing to simulate me slamming on my brakes and I couldnt get it to do what happens when I hit the brakes. Anyone have any ideas? lol.. I took my amp apart yesterday and tried to feel for a loose component and didn't see/feel any. I'm stumped...ugh..

^^ Who let this guy in?

Seriously, just because I have a temporary amp hooked up and didn't want to mount it had nothing to do with the problem. So find something else better to do with your time than be an a$$hole and harass a 21yo that's just trying to learn more about car audio. Nobody cares about your negative posts. F Off.

If you do use an L bracket or anything else involving screws, be careful and make sure that you dont drill/screw into your gas tank. Not calling you dumb, its just one of those things that sometimes slip alot of peoples minds. Just a heads up! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wave.gif.002382ce7d7c19757ab945cc69819de1.gif

If you do use an L bracket or anything else involving screws, be careful and make sure that you dont drill/screw into your gas tank. Not calling you dumb, its just one of those things that sometimes slip alot of peoples minds. Just a heads up! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wave.gif.002382ce7d7c19757ab945cc69819de1.gif
Yeah I'll probably end up using some industrial Velcro. I've actually used some 4x4 L brackets before and snapped them off, whats that say about my driving? ^.^'

if you use 2 L-brackets on the front face of the box and 1 on each side, it wont slide around. especially if you use decent screws that go a half inch into the metal. Sometimes the screws will just grab carpet and rip out. Make sure you don't punch the gas tank as mentioned above too. I've seen it done and although nothing totally terrible happened, it did stink the trunk up and they had to replace it.

I had a shirt I always had to wear to work. I kept a can of snuff in my pocket untill the hole the button went through wore out. I used a piece of industrial velcro on it at least a year and a half ago, so I could do away with the button. I put it on and went to sew it, but my needle wouldnt go through the backing/adhesive...So I just left it and didnt use it very often. Long story short, I litterly just pulled it off 2-3 nites ago bc one corner started to cove loose and peel up, and it didnt come of fexactly easy. I wouldnt be afraid to say that velcro has been ran through the washer and dryer 300 times. Thats some good stuff. (It was only 1/2 stuff to)

That should do well if you dont mind laying alot down, and it might come up easy if you used pliers when it comes time to sell or whatever. Good luck, and let us know how it works out!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.