Powered sub doesn't hit as hard as the other

Participant count
  • Participant list

Wick3dMrB

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hopefully, I'm posting in the right area. I purchased 2 Sound Storm Laboratories LOPRO10 10 Inch Powered Subwoofers. Both with 2 RCA inputs L & R . No outputs. I have 1 RCA with 2 cables labeled L & R. I have the RCA plugged in the L channel on 1 sub and the R channel on the 2nd sub. My problem is the 2nd sub (right side) doesn't hit as hard as the left. I've switched the RCA between the L/R inputs on the sub and nothing changed. I've checked the wiring and settings on the sub and everything is good. Settings match on both subs. Any idea on what could be my problem? My HU is a Kenwood DDX5702s. Single Sub out with a 1 to 2 splitter.

Thanks in advance for any input.

First off, these are around 200-250 watt all in one subs, decent power but not huge. If you swapped and nothing changed, could be the gains? Are they set the same? the prefered method on this would be to split the L/R into two L/R's and run a L/R to each of the subs. If you're only using one of the inputs, it affects the volume.

There isn't a dedicated sub out on that HU. Are you using the HU to power your other speakers1?

First off, these are around 200-250 watt all in one subs, decent power but not huge. If you swapped and nothing changed, could be the gains? Are they set the same? the prefered method on this would be to split the L/R into two L/R's and run a L/R to each of the subs. If you're only using one of the inputs, it affects the volume.

There isn't a dedicated sub out on that HU. Are you using the HU to power your other speakers1?
It has a single rear sub output which is why I put in a splitter. Gains set the same. HU powers 4 speakers. I swapped factory radio out with it. Speakers also knew. 2 6x4 in dash and 2 5.25 inch speakers in sound bar up top (vehicle is a jeep) all 4 speakers are Kicker KS series. Even if I use both L/R inputs on sub it’s still quiet. Would adding an extra L/R RCA help? How would I do that? Do they make a 1 to 4 RCA Splitter?

Didn't see the sub out in the picture of tha back of the unit but see in the list that it does. I would adjust the gains first. Pots on those can be off quite a bit. Once they set so that they are the same volume. Using the RCa that you have, it's a mono signal so R/L doesn't matter, run it to the amps then split the R/L with a pair of these to the amplifiers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...