holy SMOKE!

I called them, the guy says they aren't responsible and that i turned my music up too loud... i then asked about him setting gains and he said that he did not adjust them bc he was doing a "rush" job and it sounded good so he left them... so my question is what do i need to do... i have no proof of anything except a blown speaker... but nothing to give evidence that it's his fault... so how would this stand in small claims court any help would be GREATLY appreciated...
sounds like HIS fault, get him.

I know several shops in Ar also...

I would be happy to make a trip up there and take a look around //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Joe did the install and that's who I talked to... he said it was entirely my fault... i don't know really know how to prove that statement wrong... i was listening to my radio loud but if he had his crap together it wouldn't have blown

Let them know your part of the biggest forum on the internet and we spend roughy $12 billion every year in car audio gear //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif .... If jman and jntar roll down there they could be like i was gonna have you hook up my system but my buddy came and you did such a shiTty job on his i dont think i want to trust you (seprately going) and maybe they will realize your loosing them business.

just a thought

Joe did the install and that's who I talked to... he said it was entirely my fault... i don't know really know how to prove that statement wrong... i was listening to my radio loud but if he had his crap together it wouldn't have blown

Did you buy the subs and amp from him?

Get a camera out and take pics of the scratched CD, broke stearing wheel control, and gain settings on teh amp.

Then go up there and ask to talk to the manager. If Joe is the "lead installer" or "manager" ask to talk to his boss or a number for his boss.

Make sure you can provide the pics and his explanation for you destroyed equipment was "rush job".

You paid for a service, you didnt pay for a distroyed speaker and other items. Show them the facts...ask them to work with you on replacing what was not messed up to begin with.

If all else fails, contact a lawyer if you want to go that route, or chalk it up to a lesson learned.

He said that setting the gains properly don't guarantee that you will not blow a sub
bullchit on that, it will make it ALOT more trustworthier. It his is fault and he dont want to admit it. Call him back and tell him ALL the people on your forum told you it was his fault for him not setting the gains. As he said himself "i did a rush job" , who does ANYTHING right when they do a rush job?

No i did not buy the subs and amp from them... i had them in my previous vehicle... and never had any problems

thats ridiculous... listening to the music too loud? if there was such a point, the installer should tell you that when you pick the car up.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/bsflag.gif.21f42eccd34b7d1eb1608fb1b59b69c3.gif

If you have a 500w sub, and set the gains on the amp to never exceed 500w, then how can it blow?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.