how long has your hu last

Mines still goin strong after 2 years. It may not be the most technically advanced one, but it gets the job done plenty well.

i had a jensen that crapped out exactly 6 months of install.

then the jvc that replaced it got stolen a year later.

the kenwood after that lasted until i bought my 860mp last year, then i messed the kenwood up cuz it had a cd of mine in it. the 860 i traded off in january/february for an in-dash dvd player i messed up. bought another 860mp in march, and then i received an 880prs yesterday.

Kenwood and Alpine tend to be very reputable. Just be sure you get one where you can easily take the head unit off and on. It would be a shame to get it stolen because you didnt feel like hassling with it one evening. But as for price, I believe mine was around $175 when I bought it. I got it at about $100 though. Just wait till you see a huge sale in the newspaper for headunits.

i cant wait on a sale because we have 2 shops here and they are really really high. (cheapest is like $150-200)
If you need to know exactly when a sale will be, just ask them when they are expecting to get their shipment of the newest headunits for whatever brand you want to go with. More than likely, the the sale will be the week before. And in all honesty, if you are looking to spend about 100-150, dont crap out with what you buy. Like someone above me said, you spend 60 on a Jensen and thats all you'll end up with....****. Pioneer is also a good brand.

I am going to spend good money on one but here they are like $200 higher than everywhere else:crying: I found one here for 440 i found it in ATL for 260 (Dont remember brand)

also, talk with the salesmen. ask what the lowest price will be. (and yes they'll be able to bring it down, as long as it's not below dealer cost). if it's stil too high for you then talk about how you'll just have to go to the other shop on the other side of town and give them your business. you gotta haggle.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.