bradanter96
10+ year member

My system right now:

• BOSS Audio Phantom 1500W Amplifier
  • Two Kicker 12" Comp DVC 4-Ohm Subwoofers
  • Sealed Box

What I'm getting for Christmas:

• Hifonics Brutus BRZ1200.1D D-Class Mono Block Amplifier
  • Two Kicker CompVR 12" DVC 4-Ohm Subwoofers (Going to wire to 1-Ohm)
  • Ported Box

How much louder/bassier(if that's even a word)/better will my system be? A significant difference or what? Haha I'm curious to see how much better CVR's are than Comps.

You could do yourself much better than the CVRs with the Hifonics amp...just look around here and see what people are saying about SSA DCON, Incriminator Audio, and Sundown SA subs. It'll take your listening to a whole new level and you'll actually be able to appreciate what good bass sounds like.

On this forum, Kicker is meh.

Going from sealed to ported and increasing power, you should see a decent gain. As stated before, there are much better options for the money than kicker.

Sealed to ported will be the biggest difference I think. What ported box are you getting? If you haven't bought those Kickers look at something different, and get a box made for the subs you buy.

Like stated, there are much better subs for the money than kicker. But you should see a very nice gain in output with the CVR setup. Either way, a custom box will be key in getting the most out of your sub stage.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.