How should I wire this sub?

Sedition
10+ year member

So I just ordered this amp from amazon: Amazon.com: Lanzar HTG257 2000 Watt 2-Channel Mosfet Amplifier: Electronics

and this sub: Amazon.com: Boss P12DVC 12" Subwoofer Dual 4ohm Voice Coils: Electronics

However, I got the sub and I have no idea how to wire it or what I should do to wire it. It looks like on the connectors on both sides on the back of the sub, there are 2 plugs for positive and 2 for negative on each side (a total of eight).

It's a Dual Voice Coil 4 ohm but I'm unsure how I should wire it and how to wire it to get the most from that amp.

Could someone please walk me through how to connect this the proper way and how I should run it from that amp?

Thanks,

Dylan

if your sub is dual 4 ohm..............wire + to + and - to - for a 2 ohm load..........hook the + coming from the sub into the + side of the amp and same for - add power ground and signal to your amp and let her sing //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Man I would honestly return that stuff and research it some. Both of those products are fairly low quality. I know people that can hook you up with some better deals.
I will holler if I am ever looking for something better. But going to this from a 300 watt Sony xplod and 350-watt DUAL amp I think it will be a pretty decent upgrade; for me at least. I don't need much!

if your sub is dual 4 ohm..............wire + to + and - to - for a 2 ohm load..........hook the + coming from the sub into the + side of the amp and same for - add power ground and signal to your amp and let her sing
Thank you! That's all I needed to know!

I will holler if I am ever looking for something better. But going to this from a 300 watt Sony xplod and 350-watt DUAL amp I think it will be a pretty decent upgrade; for me at least. I don't need much!
If you ever need help man just PM me.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.