How to play camcorder videos MTS or M2TS files in Windows Media Player?

Participant count
  • Participant list
How to play camcorder videos MTS or M2TS files in Windows Media Player?

With more and more camcorder products overflowing in our digital life, I guess you must shot some interesting or nice recordings in your Sony, JVC, Canon or Panasonic like me and often you may want to play them on your Windows Media Player or other media devices.

However, when you directly import the MTS or M2TS files into your windows media player you may find a big issue that this kind of player can not player MTS or M2TS files from AVCHD camcorders, for window media player can only accept WMV format. In other words, if you want to play or enjoy MTS or M2TS files on windows media player, you have to convert them to WMP format.

The following tutorial will show you the detailed information about how to convert MTS or M2TS files to WMV with this kind of tool called Moyea MTS/M2TS Converter I am using now.

Preparation: Free download Moyea MTS/M2TS Converter here, install and run it.

mtsconverter.jpg

Step 1: Add MTS/M2TS files into this program

Step 2: Set the output format as WMV

Once all the files are imported, you can select the output format as WMV from the drop-down list “Format” as well as set the destination folder form the “Output” if you don’t want to save the output files in the default folder automatically.

wmvformat.jpg

Step 3: Set advanced settings

Click the “Convert” button, you can start converting and the generated files will be saved in your destination folder.

Step 4: Put the converted WMP files into your windows media player

See, the whole procedures will be done in a little time. I must say this kind of MTS/M2TS Converter is really a good helper for our HD camcorder users in certain aspect.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.