Hows the sub box quality? Plus sub questions

lil azn 06
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I had someone make this box for me for $150 back in October. Please

tell me if it looks like decent quality.

IMG_4450.jpg

IMG_4441.jpg

IMG_4440.jpg

My next questions is that is there anything i should put between the

sub and the box itself? As in before screwing it down? I put clay between

my midranges and their mdfs, but i would suppose you dont do that for

the subwoofer?

looks like they didnt caulk the inside like they should have. and who the hell drills through the port wall for wires? and no you dont put anything between the sub and the box when you mount it.

looks like they didnt caulk the inside like they should have. and who the hell drills through the port wall for wires? and no you dont put anything between the sub and the box when you mount it.

Cuts look clean enough to where it doesn't need caulk.

The guy had the the original hole drilled in ( you can see it empty now) and i called him up and asked and he said it just keeps the mess simplier. Anyways i agree the carpeting looks ugly, but either its the sub or me, but it dont sound so good. in my opinion. Yet the specs were followed as the JL specs.

WOW....... umm lets just say you could have done a lot better for that price.

lets just say you get what you pay for.......was it local or was it shipped?

150 shipped for that box isn't a bad price, and it's not horrible, but like spkrman said it has some flaws that could have been easily avoided.

local...

I could of made one, but i didnt have a router (still dont) and those decent ones arent cheap //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif.

you can use a jig saw if you have steady hands. or you can probably rent/borrow one, if that was the only thing setting you back. and for $150 you could have bought a router :p then your box would have cost you a sheet of MDF.

you can use a jig saw if you have steady hands. or you can probably rent/borrow one, if that was the only thing setting you back. and for $150 you could have bought a router :p then your box would have cost you a sheet of MDF.
My jigsaw ***** (or i **** at using the jigsaw) b/c i had to cut out my mdf mounts for my woofers. Well it was decent, but without a round file (those things r like 20 bucks at homedepot //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/furious.gif.fc81ca146dbff91fede3ed290dbc4f4c.gif ) it wasnt good. Whats a good router i could buy then perhaps? And what bits would deem good to cut mdf wood?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.