I don't know if 6moons reviewers understand physics at all

Participant count
  • Participant list

PV Audio
5,000+ posts

The Vision of Sound
Indy
Even years after stumbling on the site after Jim linked me to it, I am still amazed at some of the garbage they spew out:

However, the Silver Eclipse leaped ahead a fair margin in delineating dynamic contrasts and transient fidelity. Staccato attacks of Flamenco guitar simply exploded with lots of bite and excitement. I noted greater extension and definition at both ends of the spectrum and improved resolution of low-level details.

The presentation of music was bigger, bolder and more dramatic. All this resulted in a heightened sense of believability and offered greater insight into subtle musical details particularly in complex orchestral works compared to the less expensive Equinox cables.

While I would not characterize the tonal balance of the Silver Eclipse as tipped up or bright, they were a little cool on top but were also devoid of any glare or undue edge that many folks associate with silver.

There was a good sense of forward momentum without any sign of bass bloat or sluggishness. These cables were as clean as the proverbial whistle. With their aforementioned cool balance, they will not sugar-coat any sonic shortcomings in your system. If you are looking for cables to behave as tone controls, look elsewhere. The Gold Starlight digital cable also improved upon the Starlight, which was certainly no slouch but the Gold simply passed more information. Music was fuller, with greater punch and presence than the basic Starlight. Playback took a big step forward in believability and involvement.
So what are they reviewing? A $300,000 loudspeaker? No. A set of ******* RCAs and a power cable //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif:laugh:

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/wireworld2/wireworld_2.html

Um, I don't know if they realize this or not, but they are ****ing insane //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Do they sell products themselves? I haven't visited the site or read anything beyon what you just quoted, but I would definitely think that they have a financial interest in how a product they review sells.

There are a lot of clueless 'audiophiles' with more money than they know what to do with. Honestly, if a company can market a product in a way that convinces someone to sell thousands of dollars of snake oil, then kudos to them. Anyone who is stupid enough to not research their purchases beyond reading glowing reviews deserves it, especially in an area where there is a ****ton of information readily available to anyone who wants to find it.

Reminds me of the Clarity Pebbles or whatever they're called. I think his site is clearly satire, but I wouldn't be surprised if someone actually bought them.

everyone knows cables have the capability of making a driver defy its limits, duh.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif

Do they sell products themselves? I haven't visited the site or read anything beyon what you just quoted, but I would definitely think that they have a financial interest in how a product they review sells.
There are a lot of clueless 'audiophiles' with more money than they know what to do with. Honestly, if a company can market a product in a way that convinces someone to sell thousands of dollars of snake oil, then kudos to them. Anyone who is stupid enough to not research their purchases beyond reading glowing reviews deserves it, especially in an area where there is a ****ton of information readily available to anyone who wants to find it.

Reminds me of the Clarity Pebbles or whatever they're called. I think his site is clearly satire, but I wouldn't be surprised if someone actually bought them.
No see, the entire site is like that. Things like AC conditioners make "forward tonal balance dance with a dainty quality unfound by cables made of similar materials, all while retaining transient attack abilities utilizing sonic clarity that rivals those of the greatest dialectrics".
Give me a pair of Paradigms, give me some Acoustic Research 12 AWG cable with banana plugs then put them up against any of these so called "high end" cables and I'll give whoever can tell that the more expensive one sounds better 100 bucks for their trouble. Reason why no one won't? The laws of physics don't change for audiophiles. "The cables didn't exhibit the sluggish electron flow inherent to thicker silver interconnects but did have a muddied timbre quality that was evident on silent passages".

Read some of the reviews, they seriously state things like "the silence between passages was the quietest I had heard since the blah blah blah last year". It's ****ing SILENCE you idiot, of course it's supposed to be quiet. In fact, if it's supposed to be silent and you can hear people murmuring that's even higher quality IMO.

omg nerds debating stupid **** again.
Not even nerds, they don't have the faintest idea as to what they're talking about. A wire can't change physical properties of the speaker it's attached to. Can the pencil that you're holding now change how well your car's engine starts in the morning? Their comparisons are that ridiculous.

Machina Dynamica is trolling, but I'm not sure everybody is on to the gag //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

For your consideration, PV. These are links from one of my favorite bookmarks. A lengthy read and still incomplete as it's ongoing, but very informative and well worth your time. I'm not suggesting that you give up all skepticism, all that I ask is that you go into it with an open mind. Afterward, you may be a bit more forgiving of claims of audible change with the introduction of different cables. After all, I'm sure you could just imagine how subtle that change would be and how any potential for hearing it may only occur after a certain level of resolution/performance/familiarity is achieved. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Please read them in order and only if/when you have the time to devote to it.

http://www.audiomisc.co.uk/HFN/Cables1/OhmImprovements.html

http://www.audiomisc.co.uk/HFN/Cables2/OhmAndAway.html

http://www.audiomisc.co.uk/HFN/Cables3/TakeTheLead.html

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.