I need some major help asap *pics*

WickedClown77
10+ year member

I was driving to mcdonalds to get some lunch and one of my dads friends just happened to be in front of me and he had a trailer completely full of really thick tree branches and he waved me to go on cause he got out of his truck to put the branches back on the trailer cause they were falling out. So i drove on past him and our tires rubbed and jerked my wheel completely over to the right side and I did that to my dad's van and my dad's friends trailer got the axel bent and the tire slashed/rim bent. And the really wierd thing is is i was only doing 5-7 mph.

P.s I couldnt see his tires cause the branches were laying over them/falling out of the trailer

WickedClown

I was driving to mcdonalds to get some lunch and one of my dads friends just happened to be in front of me and he had a trailer completely full of really thick tree branches and he waved me to go on cause he got out of his truck to put the branches back on the trailer cause they were falling out. So i drove on past him and our tires rubbed and jerked my wheel completely over to the right side and I did that to my dad's van and my dad's friends trailer got the axel bent and the tire slashed/rim bent. And the really wierd thing is is i was only doing 5-7 mph.
P.s I couldnt see his tires cause the branches were laying over them/falling out of the trailer

WickedClown
stering assembly?

So the first pic looks like **** dripped on the idler arm, then the seccond pic I can't tell wtf it is, looks kinda like some kind of ball joint or somethin. Did you punch a hole in the steering box? What type of van is it? Can we get a picture that isn't so far zoomed in on the second one?

It doesn't look like the pump, it's the steering gearbox that's bashed (where the pitman arm bolts in) and the power steering does provide brake boost on some older large trucks and vans (hydroboost I believe it was called). From what I can see, you need a new steering gearbox.

its a 99 safari van, how much do you guys think it'll cost to fix? Yeah the power steering's out and the breaks are almost out considering I have to push the pedal to the floor just to barely stop.

WickedClown

I would think $300-400 to fix more of a guess I don’t know much about the Safari, but stop driving it. If you trash the pump it going to get costly not to mention that’s a major fire hazard.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.