Need system analysis please

kanihoncho

CarAudio.com Newbie
Vehicle: 2011 Hyundai Veracruz LTD with Infinity system, no nav
I like decent sound and I listen to all types of music. I don't need to make the windows vibrate or have head-pounding bass that can be heard two blocks away. I just want crisp, clear music with decent bass presence and am watching the budget . . .

Already Purchased
1. Kenwood DDX5707S head unit with Crutchfield harness for all factory connections
2. Infinity Kappa 503CF front speakers - 80W RMS, Peak 240, 3-ohm impedance
3. Infinity Kappa 53XF rear speakers- 60W RMS, Peak 180, 3-ohm impedance

Am Now Considering Adding an Amp Over the Factory Harness for Speakers
1. Is this unit underpowered for this setup?
Kenwood Excelon X802-5 50W 5-channel amp (videos on Youtube show audio tests at 65W RMS at 4Ω )
50W RMS x 4 at 4Ω + 300 watts RMS x 1 at 2Ω

Subwoofer?? 10 or 12"
1. Not much room under the back seat for compact units. I don't want boxes or custom enclosures. I have thought about install in the rear hatch door if there is room. Probably isn't. If I did a box/enclosure of some type in the rear I would want it to be removable to use the cargo area. I would probably cover it with the same color carpet and or paint it (depending on construction material) to make it less conspicuous . . .

Thanks

Last edited:
The Kappa's have a high sensitivity rating of 93 db so the X802-5 would be fine. A good high sensitivity 8" sub in a properly sized box would fit your needs. They typically spec a small box.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...