ID XS65 install... Hit a wall need help

Participant count
  • Participant list

EdysBrath

Hi all

New guy here.... I currently have my ID XS65 comps hooked up to the passive xover, which is then bridge at my Alpine PDX V9.

The output at first was extremely low in volume for both the mids and tweets. I reversed the polarity on the mids and that helped the volume out a lot, but for some reason it is still lacking a ton of mid bass to the point where the Speaker sounds flat. I also can barely hear my tweeters. I have to literally put my ears up against it in order to hear the faint sounds it's producing.

I'm not exactly sure where I went wrong here.. The only thing I could think of at this point is I either have the passive xovers improperly configured or I bridge them wrong at the amp.

The xovers have jumpers to set the attenuation and filter/slope. I currently have the tweeters crossed at 5kHz at -4dB, meaning J1 and J2 jumpers are at 3-6 and J3 and J4 are set at 2-5 (for those familiar with these crossovers).

Also, I have 1 Wire from each crossover going to the amp. The left xover utilizes CH1(+) & CH2(-), and the right xover utilizes CH3(+) & CH4(-), and 1 RCA going from the HU to amp. Sub is on it's own channel with its own RCAs.

I just need some pointers as to where to begin looking into troubleshooting since this is my first install ever. Any help is greatly appreciated.

t.png

Just want to get this straight as im sure you just misinterpreted yourself. You have 1 SET of wires from each xover (+)&(-) going to amp and a SET of RCAs (L)&® going from headunit to amp

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

EdysBrath

EdysBrath
Los Angeles, CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
C1500martin