if you're running over 1500 rms please read

t-money
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Toronto,Ont
i have a honda accord with a stock 90 amp altenator, with the big 3 done and a yellow top under the hood, would i need to upgrade my altenator. I know i can just install it and see, but my friend, who sells kicker, tells me i need a second battery. What upgrades have you done to run 1500+ rms. thanks for all help in advance

orion 2500d @ 1 ohm, 2 x rl-p 12" only dims my headlights when i get really greedy with the volume, most cruiseing and bumping is problem free, in fact on my 880 prs there is a setting that displays voltage, if its accurate? my voltage doesnt drop below 14 even when bumping pretty hard, in a stock 1992 toyota previa minivan, 70 or 80 amp alt and regular battery.big 3 not done.

I have same car... no REAL issues with dimming... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif BIG 3... and stock alt and batt

Yea I know.... dude, I got my AC on, my lights, and my system ata moderate level... no NOTICABLE dimming... IF u stare into the lghts [not recommended] then u might notice it. I was scared at first, seeing my cars' electrical was all stock.... but it holds his own pretty good so far

I say get the best outta the equipment you purchased...a better source of power will make any lackluster system worth having. Specially 1.5+
ofcourse, but that wasn't the question. To increase life, and output gettin a h/o alt, second batt, big3 and making dang sure that you have good grounds will work wonders, but i've seen orion 2500's running off stock electrical systems without major problems.

ofcourse, but that wasn't the question. To increase life, and output gettin a h/o alt, second batt, big3 and making dang sure that you have good grounds will work wonders, but i've seen orion 2500's running off stock electrical systems without major problems.
comprehension > me

My 2500d and 8004 would dimm the piss out of my lights on my 90amp alt.

If you are running a stock electrical system with 1500 + watts, and get no dimming.

You are not really running more than 1500 watts;)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.