im cheap but need beat

Participant count
  • Participant list
Deck - Clarion DXZ615 ~ $200

Sub amp - MTX 4250D ~ $210

Subs - 2 JL 12W0 ~ $190/pair

This should get you started.

definently get that deck, i have it and it rules, all my friends love the way it looks, as do i, but the 715 has a motorized face and little displays, but for the extra 100 i wouldn't bother, just go with the 615, awesome deck, premium sound, does NOT skip...ever.

Please excuse my typographical eror. I meant to say $180 for the pair of 12s. Which is the same thing you did by saying the W3s were $130 when they are $139.

What's all the hostility about?

I'm only offering a suggestion for a "starter kit". By those terms I assume he doesn't want to spend a lot of money but wants a great sounding system.

My suggestion does just that.

The 12W3s are excellent subs and are well worth the extra money.

But with spending the extra money on subs you will also have to add a more potent amp for higher output from the more expensive W3s.

Just something to consider.

Hello,

B&R Innovations is a wise shopper. www.thejeb.com has great prices on their products. My rule when starting with car stereo is this. Buy good quality products one at a time, instead of a whole system just because you can't wait and have to settle. You'll just end up changing it and in the long run you'll be spending more. Start with a good quality head unit. It's the most important item. Then go with good front and rear speakers. Add an amp, and then go with the bass fill. You can add things like eq's and caps later. Keep looking for deals on the net. Check out www.carmedia1.com, mmxpress.com, and soundcity.com periodically for sales and clearance items.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.