Infinity Reference - Low volume

Participant count
  • Participant list

Drummer65
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Hello, I have 4 Infinity Reference speakers in my Honda civic powered by a crappy Dual XPA4640 Amp (Dual XPA4640 4-channel car amplifier — 50 watts RMS x 4 at Crutchfield.com) and i have noticed that the speakers do not get as loud as they use to and they distort before they reach the volume level i like to listen at. I know the speakers are closer to 2 ohms then 4 so the amp should be giving out close to 60 watts rms which is exactly what the speaker is rated. I have also noticed that my Eclipse 88120 DVC subwoofer powered by a MA Audio M700XE amp sounds distorted at high volume also. My speakers are on High Pass so there is barely any bass coming from the speakers. My head unit is a Jensen VM9213 if that helps.

Would the Alpine type R speakers be much louder and better then the Infinity reference speakers? The rms rating is higher on the Alpines but i'm also looking for SQ and clarity. If not the Alpines which speaker would you recommend?

Thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.