Install for a friend - need help! (Audi A8L)

Participant count
  • Participant list

BrianDye
10+ year member

2013 Dodge Charger R/T
Coworker has a 2003 Audi A8L, with the premium sound. He asked if I installed stereos and speakers before and I said yeah, I love doing it. I told him I'd do his, and then just found out it's an Audi A8L which has a funky oversized Headunit and he said he found out it has fiber optic speaker wiring? Says he ordered the Headunit and a universal kit for it, I haven't saw the car nor the kit in person yet, but fiber optic speaker wire?!

I googled around a bit and can't find anything, other than it has dash, front door, rear door and rear deck speakers. That's a helluva lot of wiring to run! Don't know if I'm up for that big of a project. Can anyone offer any advice or insight, is he wrong about it being fiber optic?

not wrong about the fiber optic. That is what feeds the signal from the source to the factory amp and the amp outputs to the speakers in the traditional fashion, no fiber optic speaker wire. all wires running to speakers will be accesable at the amp. or get a deck with a optical out.

Bose, Symphony or the other system? He has fiber optic cabling that runs to the amplifier. I believe that might be what he's thinking. I haven't tried to run the factory system in a BBA in 10 years so memory is a bit off. Hopefully his "kit" comes with the necessary wiring adapters and such. Good luck

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

BrianDye

10+ year member
2013 Dodge Charger R/T
BrianDye
Monroe, MI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date