Installed BIG 3 AND Now After Got Severe voltage drop

Sounds like that would be a PITA to do lololol. I googled all night for ELD on a Hyundai and the only thing I saw that control voltage is the PCM on these cars. To bypass that you still need to give it a power source somewhere. Cuz the PCM controls way more than just regulating the alt.
it might not have an ELD then and just PCM controlled instead.

id recommend asking on your vehicle specific forum to gather some interest on it

[uPDATE] So I re did my entire BIG 3 and I think the whole fluctuation in voltage was because of a bad ground. I bought an actual voltage meter and bought a nicer big 3 upgrade kit installed them both when I was done checked voltage with headlights off and heater off I had a constant voltage of 14.1-14.2. Usually with the heater or headlights off it was 12.6. I tested my voltage drop with my sub playing while on the highway and it would drop to about 13.6-13.7, I also tested while the car was parked at like 800rpm and the voltage would drop to about 12.5 with sub playing and car parked. So now I'm really curious about H/O alternators I think I'm gonna give mechman a call since they offer universal alts. I'm gonna ask if that would even be possible for a 2017 tucson.

[uPDATE] So I re did my entire BIG 3 and I think the whole fluctuation in voltage was because of a bad ground. I bought an actual voltage meter and bought a nicer big 3 upgrade kit installed them both when I was done checked voltage with headlights off and heater off I had a constant voltage of 14.1-14.2. Usually with the heater or headlights off it was 12.6. I tested my voltage drop with my sub playing while on the highway and it would drop to about 13.6-13.7, I also tested while the car was parked at like 800rpm and the voltage would drop to about 12.5 with sub playing and car parked. So now I'm really curious about H/O alternators I think I'm gonna give mechman a call since they offer universal alts. I'm gonna ask if that would even be possible for a 2017 tucson.
You should check out CES AKA custom Electric Services they did me really well when I just bought my to 270 amp hair pins Jonathan Patrick is a good dude and they have excellent customer service and the pricing was awesome too

make **** sure you get the correct pulley. i bet if you have nothing on it charges but you put the ac on at idle voltage drops...

So I contacted mechman today and bad news that said nobody makes high output alts for a 2017 tucson and the universal alt wouldn't work cuz the alt has a OEM harness. I was really hoping to find a h/o alt for this car cuz my goal by fall time is to be at 3000wrms. I wonder if two xs power 3000xp would be enough for a 3000wrms system with this crappy 90amp alt?

again, go ask people on a forum related to your car and get the ball rolling, you have a brand new car you need to be patient

So I contacted mechman today and bad news that said nobody makes high output alts for a 2017 tucson and the universal alt wouldn't work cuz the alt has a OEM harness. I was really hoping to find a h/o alt for this car cuz my goal by fall time is to be at 3000wrms. I wonder if two xs power 3000xp would be enough for a 3000wrms system with this crappy 90amp alt?
3 would deff get it done

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.