Installed new amp now problems....HELP!!

Ok here's the situation. I just bought a Boss Audio CH1500D Mono block amp and went to install it today. I used 4 Gauge wire for the power and grounds and had it all hooked up. Fired everything up and it was working for about a minute then all of a sudden the subs started to pulse (kinda sounded like a low tone machine gun going off), and the protection light came on. Turned everything off and started to troubleshoot to the best of my knowledge and to no avail can I figure out what went wrong. I've checked the power and the grounds using old grounds which worked perfectly with the other amp. Now when I turn it on, the sound coming from the subs is like a steady, 1 sec interval beat (bump....bump....bump) and the subs kinda retract in then out with each beat. The subs I have connected is Rockford P1 that are hooked up in parallel circuits for a 2 ohm load. Also, my EQ light dims to every beat that comes from the sub. I also have a capacitor hooked up to the amp and when I bypassed it, so the power was coming directly from the battery, it still did the same thing. I really need help. Where else should I look? Any suggestions will be appreciated. I just hope its not a faulty amp. Thanks.

Ok here's the situation. I just bought a Boss Audio CH1500D Mono block amp and went to install it today. I used 4 Gauge wire for the power and grounds and had it all hooked up. Fired everything up and it was working for about a minute then all of a sudden the subs started to pulse (kinda sounded like a low tone machine gun going off), and the protection light came on. Turned everything off and started to troubleshoot to the best of my knowledge and to no avail can I figure out what went wrong. I've checked the power and the grounds using old grounds which worked perfectly with the other amp. Now when I turn it on, the sound coming from the subs is like a steady, 1 sec interval beat (bump....bump....bump) and the subs kinda retract in then out with each beat. The subs I have connected is Rockford P1 that are hooked up in parallel circuits for a 2 ohm load. Also, my EQ light dims to every beat that comes from the sub. I also have a capacitor hooked up to the amp and when I bypassed it, so the power was coming directly from the battery, it still did the same thing. I really need help. Where else should I look? Any suggestions will be appreciated. I just hope its not a faulty amp. Thanks.

What is your gain level on the amp, turn everything down. And go from there I cant see that amp doing more than 1000 watts, so I am a little confused on the dimming issues. Check everything multiple times:)

Umm, plenty of people could dim off even 1000rms FYI.

I know, as my last install was right there and I was dimming. Small stock alty for the loss!

Anyway, I say it is a wiring problem. Maybe you just have it wired wrong. Take the subs out to recheck how you have them wired.

Boss is a cheap ass amp, but should still work and not do what it is doing right now.

Okay first off are you sure you didn't wire them at 1 ohm? Yes I have done this before. Also boss is not even a good name brand to start off with might want to find another amp. Also as said before me check your gains turn them down and if the thing has bass boost turn that off.

Darn beat me to it redlineaudio

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.