Installing "Blue Box" external voltage regulator

Participant count
  • Participant list

hispls
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
Got one of these fellas today with no instructions, shop I got it from is closed, competition tomorrow, what do?

1603570035_large.jpg

pic related, the thing on the left is what I have here. (97 Jeep Grand Cherokee if it matters)

Seems that the "field" terminal from this outputs voltage which does not vary with the pot. Seems counter-intuitive as I think I need a variable ground to load the alternator. Anyone have any ideas?

I just installed mine. Mine had a harness/ clip that went into the alternator. Basically that covered the + and - then I had a green wire (field) , I tapped it into my air conditioning controls fuse. You will need to connect your field wire to a 12v switched source. Prefferably an acessory you don't use. I don't use my air conditioning so that's why I picked that. If you tap into something that you use, when you turn it on your voltage will go crazy!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.