Iraggi is in business, quality

That F rating isn't good. I was thinking about giving Mechman a try the next time I am in the market for a HO alternator because he has one that seems to make a decent output for my 2006 Mustang GT.
I should knock on wood when I write this because I just had my stock alternator rewound by a local shop in 2008 and it held up much better than I thought it would. Now that I mentioned that, it will probably burn up the next time I start the car.
Can alt shops upgrade them? Since yours was rewound, was it just because it went bad or can they actually make it stronger and more durable?

---------- Post added at 03:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

Whack *** Iraggi. Lol.

Can alt shops upgrade them? Since yours was rewound, was it just because it went bad or can they actually make it stronger and more durable? 

---------- Post added at 03:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

Whack *** Iraggi. Lol.
The local electric shop rewound it to make more amperage BUT didn't do anything to address the heat. IIRC, it was rewound to output 220 amps and they swapped the voltage regulator to give me 14.5 volts at idle. I figured I would get a year, two max, then have to replace. *Knock on wood* it's still going strong.

When I worked at CarTronics and MotorTrends, we had customers using Irragi alts. Not many of them lasted. Ohio Generator was the big one that we used, and rarely had issues with them.

edit: but i have seen people have good luck with his alts also, so you know.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.