is more better

alfonsoleo
10+ year member

powered by memphis
illinois
this is a question that some people may fight about till they are blue in the face but the question is, are more subs better. I had a long talk with a student teacher that came to my school and he said more doesnt mean better. Now I believe that more is better with the right box. I have a 1991 crx si, and I own 4 15" memphis pr's dual 4 ohm with 2 1000d mono block memphis pr amps. I am still waiting to get my car to a friend who lives by memphis quality who is going to build me a box for it all. He has already been apart of 2 major systems in the area and they were 4 memphis m3's with 2 1500 watt. memphis m amps with his own custom box, and another system with 8 15" memphis pr with 2 1000d's memphis amps. Those 2 systems hit so hard all I could do was laugh (bass puts a smile on my face). so back on track the question is, are more sub's a waste of time or is more really better:confused:

this is a question that some people may fight about till they are blue in the face but the question is, are more subs better. I had a long talk with a student teacher that came to my school and he said more doesnt mean better. Now I believe that more is better with the right box. I have a 1991 crx si, and I own 4 15" memphis pr's dual 4 ohm with 2 1000d mono block memphis pr amps. I am still waiting to get my car to a friend who lives memphis who is going to build me a box for it all. He has already been apart of 2 major systems in the area and they were 4 memphis m3's with 2 1500 watt. memphis m amps with his own custom box, and another system with 8 15" memphis pr with 2 1000d's memphis amps. Those 2 systems hit so hard all i could do is laugh. so back on track the question is, are more sub's a waste of time or is more really better:confused:
more does not always equal better.......

alan dante versus scott owens.....both are around the 180db mark, Dante uses 1 subwoofer--Owens uses 16 subwoofers i believe

I agree with the first post! I had a hell of a time keeping up with what you were saying and I stopped reading half wa through your novel. here you go though. more is not always better. if your sub is putting out 1000 watts rms and that's it than that's the power you have to work with. if you hook up 2 or more subs and your wondering if it will be louder than that's only gonna be the case if the xmax is larger than that of the sub your comparing it too. if I have one sub with a 1000 watt rms like the amp with the xmax of 1.1 in or so and I want to hook up two 500 watt subs with an xmax of .45 in than the one sub will move more air and be louder. there is a lot more to it than that but all being = than that's bout it. one sub is also going to give you better controle and it should sound cleaner than two. I'm sure someone will think otherwise though.

do nine L7 10's in your crx with about 10kw of power and bam... game set match?
I had only two of my 15's hooked up with two 10" memphis pr's with one 1000d and I was spanking two 15" L7 with 2 1000 watt kicker class d amp in a suv! Point is that i dont think your getting what you pay for with kicker

I had only two of my 15's hooked up with two 10" memphis pr's with one 1000d and I was spanking two 15" L7 with 2 1000 watt kicker class d amp in a suv! Point is that i dont think your getting what you pay for with kicker
dang dude, your cool!!! did the women take off there clothes after seeing and hearing this??? if loud crazy bass is all you want why not take out all your comonents and use that extra power for your subs! you could also put concrete in all your door panels to help keep the sound in and role with a generator in the back for extra power when your battery fails.

Some of the people on the forum, have nothing better to do then post dumb ****.

More is not better.

Ill break it down for you.

90% install (box, set up)

5% equipment

5% beer or in your case, lemonade.

Have a great weekend.

As with many other question, it all depends on the install. The vehicle being used, how much power each sub will see, how much air space and how close to the optimum air space is available, etc. Now, if you're comparing the same exact sub to the same exact sub, but with multiples, sure, if everything remains equal the multiple subs will be louder. If you are comparing two different subs, then, it depends. I used to have a single 10" underhung (intended for sq) in .7 cubes sealed off 750w doing 135.7. That was not the proper size enclosure and the sub could maybe have used a little more power.

I have seen other setups with multiple subs and they aren't able to pull off those numbers, so as mentioned, IT DEPENDS. Sometimes the answer is yes, sometimes it is no.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.