Is this possible ??? If so how!!!

Participant count
  • Participant list
I will have 2 W7s in my small extended cab truck. I will be putting everything in another vehicle less than a year so nothing permanent. I would like to know if their is a way i can mount a narrow box that goes the width of my truck for 4 6.5speakers from the headliner and leave room to see out the back window just a little. I thought about welding but im worried about the flex breaking the welds and falling on my subs. And don't really want to drill holes in my roof either. I also thought about hooking straight to the sub box with brackets going up. Any ideas to help would be great. I can't find any pics similar to what i want to do. But that doesn't mean it can't be done.

Building the box for the speakers is the easy part.

That hard part is the weight of the box/speakers being supported by whatever they are mounted to. Plus flex.

If you want four 6.5 speakers the box height would be around 7 1/2 inches so there goes a good amount of your rear window view.

In this case I would consider doing fiberglass panels in the corners of the cab. You would still be able to maintain 80% of your rear window view.

It would look a lot cleaner but the mounting would be up to you.

The sub box, are you wanting to put keep your back seat? Put it on top of the seat? Center console build?

Putting the speakers on the sub box would be a lot easier and you wouldn't need to drill into anything.

I'm having a custom box built the seat has to come out. The subs have to fire up the box won't fit the other way. And the subs are reconed jlW7s from psi so pushing more than stock. The guy building my box told me i will get some flex. They aren't18s but i dont want anything to fall. Just looking for a good temporary solution in a small space that will work for now.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.