It Has Begun... donpisto's '06 G35 Sedan Install

nooo, put those black rims back on. they took that car to a new level!! they were nice as shyt!!
I'm actually going back to OEM wheels and OEM body for a bit...too many fix it tickets since my car attracts too much attention. Going to keep it low key for a while.

Clean boss! Those reclining rear seats are the only reason I almost bought the Q45 lol, so luxurious.
I LOVE the reclining seats....I wish I had a Q45 at times.

how old are you? and do people laugh when you open the door to your car?
25 and no, I actually have people of all ages that compliment it. Very rarely do I get someone that's not a fan of it, no biggie.

Not bad, i think itd look better if the tires werent stretched but if your happy with it thats all that matters.
Gotta stretch them otherwise I'd rub like crazy, unless I went with a lower offset, but I went with a low offset to show it can be done. Gonna cut into the wheel wells in the rear soon and dial in some positive camber.

no offense, but that is kinda of a fail hella flush.
only v-dubs look good with that much camber and stretched tires.
To each their own, but that's like saying only 18's belong in an SUV. I don't see how it's fail on flushness, the rims literally clear the fenders by mm. And there are tons of Lexus' and Infiniti's with that much camber or even more.

man last time u did this bs thing every one was getin on u real hard for like a month. bro just let it go. u did some drag racing down your block with kids around. I think there was some pics of some dirty ass *****s on your car that sure looked like they might just b passin out the herps
This is an audio build thread, not showing off my wheels/camber. I just figured I'd provide an update as my car doesn't look like it did before. I've done quite a bit of work to the fenders and suspension even though it may not be visible.

Flame me for something stupid I did (driving fast down a residential area), it's the past get over it and there were no kids so no need to exaggerated...and there was no drag racing. Just because I have girls on my stripper pole doesn't mean they were dirty ass *****es, no need to get jealous about girls not goin in your car, and last... some people aren't a fan of the low offset/stretched tire look, that's fine. I like it and there are others that do too. As mentioned I've had people that say it looks like **** before on this forum see it in person and say the pictures exaggerate the camber.

I really don't mind opinions, but I'm here to share my audio build, so if here to troll then GTFO.

Not sure if you're still looking for an amp, or if you got the JBL, but the ARC KS300.2 does 700Wrms @ 4 iirc. They only retail for about 300, hell of a deal. As far as the mids go, you can get the CV EXL400.4 amps off ebay for 123 BNIB, they do 200x2 @ 4. They're a zeff design, virtually identical to the old arc xxk IIRC. Helluva deal if you don't mind the CV logo. I've got two that i need to find a use for since i decided to go with the JL HDs in my DD.
Thanks for the info Preston. Already got the JBL's, bought em a while back. Gonna look into the CV amps.

The JBL is going to be too much power but I like the smoked plexi on these amps and I figured I can always keep the gains down and it'll be fine... here's some pics of what's goin in....

IMG_5493.jpg

IMG_5502.jpg

IMG_5496.jpg

IMG_5498.jpg

IMG_5500.jpg

IMG_5501.jpg

IMG_5494.jpg

I'm actually going back to OEM wheels and OEM body for a bit...too many fix it tickets since my car attracts too much attention. Going to keep it low key for a while.

I LOVE the reclining seats....I wish I had a Q45 at times.

25 and no, I actually have people of all ages that compliment it. Very rarely do I get someone that's not a fan of it, no biggie.

Gotta stretch them otherwise I'd rub like crazy, unless I went with a lower offset, but I went with a low offset to show it can be done. Gonna cut into the wheel wells in the rear soon and dial in some positive camber.

To each their own, but that's like saying only 18's belong in an SUV. I don't see how it's fail on flushness, the rims literally clear the fenders by mm. And there are tons of Lexus' and Infiniti's with that much camber or even more.

This is an audio build thread, not showing off my wheels/camber. I just figured I'd provide an update as my car doesn't look like it did before. I've done quite a bit of work to the fenders and suspension even though it may not be visible.

Flame me for something stupid I did (driving fast down a residential area), it's the past get over it and there were no kids so no need to exaggerated...and there was no drag racing. Just because I have girls on my stripper pole doesn't mean they were dirty ass *****es, no need to get jealous about girls not goin in your car, and last... some people aren't a fan of the low offset/stretched tire look, that's fine. I like it and there are others that do too. As mentioned I've had people that say it looks like **** before on this forum see it in person and say the pictures exaggerate the camber.

I really don't mind opinions, but I'm here to share my audio build, so if here to troll then GTFO.

Thanks for the info Preston. Already got the JBL's, bought em a while back. Gonna look into the CV amps.

The JBL is going to be too much power but I like the smoked plexi on these amps and I figured I can always keep the gains down and it'll be fine... here's some pics of what's goin in....

IMG_5493.jpg

IMG_5502.jpg

IMG_5496.jpg

IMG_5498.jpg

IMG_5500.jpg

IMG_5501.jpg

IMG_5494.jpg
Those JBLs are fantastic amps. I'm going class D due to less current draw and compact design, otherwise things would be different. Trying to hide all the amps and processor as well as the carputer under the center console of a 07+ expedition.

Are you going to stick with a passive setup for now?

Oh,

CERWIN VEGA EXL-400.4 400W 4 CH AMPLIFIER NEW EXL400 - eBay (item 300402079567 end time Mar-30-10 19:20:42 PDT)

Cerwin Vega Amps on ebay/ubid - cheap zapco/arc power - DIYMA.com

Cerwin Vega EXL & Arc Audio - Guts Comparison Pics - DIYMA.com

Pics are dead, but the info is good.

Thanks for the link.

Right now I'm going to stick with passive (first passive setup ever). I'd want to go active, but it'll cost too much. Need to get a double din (single dins look weird), and the factory radio is short so the only thing possible to do to fit a double din is to modify the bezel or get a conversion kit ($300). I'm looking at close to 1k just for going that route and really don't want to dump any money into the audio. When I switch it up I'm definitely going active though.

I actually like the look of the amps...the CV logo isn't all that bad either. You have a build log or anything of your setup?

Thanks for the link.
Right now I'm going to stick with passive (first passive setup ever). I'd want to go active, but it'll cost too much. Need to get a double din (single dins look weird), and the factory radio is short so the only thing possible to do to fit a double din is to modify the bezel or get a conversion kit ($300). I'm looking at close to 1k just for going that route and really don't want to dump any money into the audio. When I switch it up I'm definitely going active though.

I actually like the look of the amps...the CV logo isn't all that bad either. You have a build log or anything of your setup?
Honestly, if it were me i'd just stick with the OEM source and use either the BitOne or JBL MS-8 when its available (Should be awesomely awesome).

Haven't started the build yet, haven't even picked up the vehicle. Been way too busy starting a new company and getting ready to open some stores.

Nice...what kinda business are you opening up?

I was thinking of sticking with OEM, but I dunno....would be simple but for shows I'd want a double din. Right now I'm not considering that so I was thinking about using Zapco DC Ref amps. Def gotta look into the MS-8. Been out of audio for a while now...does the BitOne have issues as it first did when it was barely released?

Nice...what kinda business are you opening up?
I was thinking of sticking with OEM, but I dunno....would be simple but for shows I'd want a double din. Right now I'm not considering that so I was thinking about using Zapco DC Ref amps. Def gotta look into the MS-8. Been out of audio for a while now...does the BitOne have issues as it first did when it was barely released?
They released a revised edition (BitOne.1) and i haven't heard any complaints. The MS-8 will be leaps and bounds ahead of it though. It'll feature spatial processing, logic 7 support, and some other things that will make tuning childs play for morons like me. (which is fine, because i have no desire to be a great tuner).

And the business is MMA promotions, we'll put on fights, etc. etc. We'll also have MMA apparel stores as well. My uncle owns a company in texas that he started doing the same thing in Texas and has been doing very well. This one should do even better though due to the abundance of college students and military personnel in the area. I do nonprofit work myself, but the businesses are connected and there is a ton of work to be done for both so i'm in limbo for the time being, lol.

Sounds cool and fun, seems all is will go well with that.

I was reading up on the MS-8 and it seems to be a pretty nifty unit, perhaps it'll be ready when I'm due for an upgrade or can't deal with using the passive XO's. Gonna have to hold off on the processing altogether for now since it is a bit pricey, though it does make a night and day difference.

Sounds cool and fun, seems all is will go well with that.
I was reading up on the MS-8 and it seems to be a pretty nifty unit, perhaps it'll be ready when I'm due for an upgrade or can't deal with using the passive XO's. Gonna have to hold off on the processing altogether for now since it is a bit pricey, though it does make a night and day difference.
Yeah, at this rate you may have a couple years to save up for it lol. It's been delayed more times than i can count. Should be worth it though.

Yeah I know, that's why I was considering them, but you're right, very $$$$$$...

So now I have a few other options I'm considering. I decided I'm going to either do 2 15's in IB.

Gotta decide if what I have will work with the power I'm giving it (mainly for the 18).

1. Two 15" JL 15W6 (if I can find another one priced well and in good condition)

2. Two 15" IDQ's

3. Two custom 15's, probably RL-p motor, open to options

4. MAYBE (Two 15" Exodus Audio DPL 15's

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.