• Participant list

ekah

Senior VIP Member
hawaii
b4b33bfa6155ae25095f23652b269090.jpg

I got the jig from amazon for 36$

And router
1097d61ece97459e758960a3e08f7a61.jpg

The router seems to not line up straight with the jig it's a bit crooked if you can't tell with the mounting holes. Would this play a part in cutting the hole off or does everyone experiance this and it should be fine?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Since the Jasperjig fits a variety of diff brands/models of routers, they may all not be perfectly centered on point with the jig in place. As long as the bottom black plastic piece from the router itself is removed and the jasper jig fits in the 3 holes that best line up with each other, your good to go.

Oh I think I know what you did there. The black plastic piece on the bottom of the router should have 3 screws. Remove the screws, and mount the jasper jig on bottom with countersunk holes that best line up the 3 holes then put the screws back in.

Under the black base plate theres only 2 black screws that I removed. Seems the router fits not accurate from across another but it's the only one that fits that seems to make it in the center of the jig hole. Any other holes I try to align it would make the router bit not be align with the jasper hole.

aacaac5b9ab7b90a3b7ec7dea64b918d.jpg

First picture is where the 2 black screws were behind the router base plate

077f1e9ba9bf84e56b13a3f901d4357a.jpg

2nd picture showing where it best lines up but makes it crooked using only 2 screws to hold it down.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

@ekah So here's a few pics of my router and jasper jig....and the 3 screws I was talking about...

I noticed you posted this same thing over at SMD Forum as well. I wouldn't trust what they said there. Unless your jasper jig is sitting flat and not at an angle, your cuts are gonna be angled.

It's crucial to use the supplied peg and the acrylic disc to center everything up the first time. Throw the calibration/centering peg in the chuck, hand tighten. Leave the acrylic centering disc installed in the jig and slip it over the peg onto the router base, line up with the screw locations. There should be almost zero play and you will know it's centered, then tighten the screws that hold the jig to the router base.

Mine is 1/8 inch off even with the proper bit size. Which is weird because the chuck sits dead center on the jig. I used the measurements on the jig as a reference but always triple check before I plunge.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

ekah

Senior VIP Member
ekah
hawaii
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from