Jetta build coming soon...

I like the current wheels...

Thanks, here is a side profile showing them a little better.

IMG00429-20090511-1442.jpg

Sweet man, I had a 2004 1/2 GLI, with the monsoon system. Its was tiptronic though. I had a Neuspeed chip, and an ABT front mount intercooler... MKIVs are getting cheap. I should consider one for a project car....

Thanks, yea they are a lot of fun for sure. If I do the turbo next yr as I have the car ready for up to 550 HP with the tranny work and all the suspension work done already it will be a beast to say the least. Need to go with big brakes also to handle the power but I am looking at more around 325-400HP depnding on what kit and what boost at the wheels when its all said and done. The tranny is race ready so we shall see. Here is the trunk not all done yet but atleast its decent to look at LOL.

IMG00431-20090511-1639.jpg

Took the car out for the first time last night and it sounds GREAT and runs good too. I have not driven the car much in the last couple yrs so it was nice to get it back out on the road. Talked to Kinetic motorsports about a turbo and I think I am going to go stage 3. The guy told me we will be able to do 350-400 WHP depending on boost. The car will be silly then.

I thought the system sounded good already, I did the auto time alignment finally and made a few tweeks and its off the hook..

Thanks, with all the weight going into the car for deadening and gear I have a Carbon fiber hood coming to compensate for some weight. Also I will be removing my spare tire as I have a second Kinetic battery going into the spare tire spot anyways along with the wiring. Trying to decide if I want to color match the CF hood or not? Slotted and Crossdrilled rotors are going on the car soon too. Trying to deicde if I want to do bigger front and rears. The pics have 18's but 19's are going on the car.. Prob will raise the coilovers up just a bit.. The fenders are also getting rolled as my cousins bodyshop for the big ass tires...
On a really clean car, I always think a big CF hood looks a bit tacky, no matter how big of a purpose it plays. And then on the other end of the spectrum, completely painting over it won't show off it's awesomeness. What I've always wanted to see done, was stencil out a design on CF hood, mask it, paint it, then pull it off so you have a painted hood with a cool graphic showing through with a CF texture, a little of both. What about a VW logo showing through in carbon fiber? I think that would look hella badass.

too much deadener on that outer door skin, imo. Deadener would be much more useful on where the speaker mounts to..

On a really clean car, I always think a big CF hood looks a bit tacky, no matter how big of a purpose it plays. And then on the other end of the spectrum, completely painting over it won't show off it's awesomeness. What I've always wanted to see done, was stencil out a design on CF hood, mask it, paint it, then pull it off so you have a painted hood with a cool graphic showing through with a CF texture, a little of both. What about a VW logo showing through in carbon fiber? I think that would look hella badass.
I have opted out of the CF hood... I am going to do a boser style with my currect hood.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you need to air up that front left tire ASAP!

The tire was in a slight depression in the gravel LOL.. The tire is at 38 psi.

too much deadener on that outer door skin, imo. Deadener would be much more useful on where the speaker mounts to..
I got so into it I did not take pics of the inner door very much.. They entire door has a ton od deadening especially the panel the speaker goes into. The car sounds amazing really. Its exactly what i was looking for.. Clean tight sound but with a turn of the bass knob the car hits very nice too. I am still going to do the wheel wells and undercarriage. The car is going into the body shop very soon to get a couple dings fixed up and I am going to have the car entirely resprayed the same color. I at that time might pull the seats out and do the floor also if I decide to. I have enough OKP to do the entire floor of the car.

The car looks awesome Jeff! I think the current wheels look good on there but the gray ones are my favorite so far. The box and trunk layout looks great...I definitely need to hear this sometime. I haven't messed with the time alignment on my h/u yet, I've heard it takes a lot of the bass away? That's fine with me since I don't listen to rap/hip-hop all that much but when I do I want it to be LOUD, ya know? After all, there is a huge hole in my truck now so I might as well be loud every once in a while, right? Haha.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.