JL audio vs IDQ

HTOWNAL
10+ year member

HTOWNAL
just to get things straight.

JL > IDQ

i have been an installer off and on for 10 years, and there is no comparison.

if you dont believe me, then come down to houston and listen to my truck (2003 GMC Yukon)

with only ONE w613v2, on a 500/1, with a ddx712 headunit, it slams as hard as TWO idq 12's . its all in the box, and the JL w6's and w7's sound awesome in a ported enclosure.

i think the prices are all very reasonable as well.

i can build a box for two 12's of any brand and make it sound similar to 2 idq subs, and i have proof for that as well.

i used 2 sony xplod 12, the bottom of the line ones in my buddies gs400, and it sounded like crap.

i built him a new box, and its even pushed by a crappy boss 800 watt amp, and it slams hard and has so so quality.

the jl w6 is THE BEST SUB IN THE PRICE RANGE, and im sure alot of yall will agree

JL > IDQ

if you dont believe me, then come down to houston and listen to my truck (2003 GMC Yukon)

with only ONE w613v2, on a 500/1, with a ddx712 headunit, it slams as hard as TWO idq 12's . its all in the box, and the JL w6's and w7's sound awesome in a ported enclosure.

i can build a box for two 12's of any brand and make it sound similar to 2 idq subs, and i have proof for that as well.

i used 2 sony xplod 12, the bottom of the line ones in my buddies gs400, and it sounded like crap.

i built him a new box, and its even pushed by a crappy boss 800 watt amp, and it slams hard and has so so quality.

the jl w6 is THE BEST SUB IN THE PRICE RANGE, and im sure alot of yall will agree

And alot will disagree with you. Not that JL isn't a good sub. But saying you can make any sub sound as good as id subs.

i didnt say as good, but similiar

JL hits the deep bass better than id's. it just does.

like i said, if you dont listen to alot of rap, then id is actually probably better.

its all in the box though, it all in the box.....this we can agree on

the W6 is the only JL sub I would run, of course I am a SQ guy though. Comparing the two in SQ would be a tough choice but I would lean towards the IDQ, just super musical. In output I would give the W6 the advantage though. From a customer service standpoint the ID stuff all day long.

JL > IDQ

Let me get this straight, "JL"... apparently the company as a whole, is greater than the speaker "IDQ"?
And Im sure this 10 years of 'on and off' experience has been with the new/current IDQ model, which just came out, right?

I love your "proof" that you can make any sub sound similar to an IDQ. Yeah that was awesome, how you built a box for Sony Xplods, and it ended up sounding "so so". I cant imagine any more rock solid proof than that. Im convinced.

i didnt say as good, but similiar
JL hits the deep bass better than id's. it just does.

like i said, if you dont listen to alot of rap, then id is actually probably better.

its all in the box though, it all in the box.....this we can agree on
So in summary, JL W6's and W7's are greater than IDQ, but its all in the box. Dude, great point. Im sure we've all learned alot from all your on and off experience. Please come back more often. But next time make it less obvious you are trying to sell your crappy ass boxes, k?

whats your proof? your opinion? have you metered the 2 subs? maybe you just didnt give the IDQs enough power. maybe it was all user error. put up your proof or go away. ID > JL all day long.

box does make a differance. i will agree with that but its not ALL in the box.

whats your proof? your opinion? have you metered the 2 subs? maybe you just didnt give the IDQs enough power. maybe it was all user error. put up your proof or go away. ID > JL all day long.
box does make a differance. i will agree with that but its not ALL in the box.
His shop doesn't sell ID, obviously. But Im gonna go out on a limb here and guess it does sell JL Audio.

Im sure ID could give two shits bout how loud their IDQ is. I like to think of them as truely a sound quality company. Havent heard the newest version so idk how loud they can get, but your comparing 2 Sound Quality Subs in SPL. Fuckin Ghey Thread

JL > IDQ

you have been a pro. installer since you were 15?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.