Just blew a fuse, need help replacing

Participant count
  • Participant list

Snappppppp

Hi, I currently have 2 1000W Amps hooked to 12" Subs in the back on my car. The fuse on my Scosche 6G Power wire just blew. The fuse number is 80A and it blew pretty violently. I was advised to upgrade to a higher fuse in order to prevent this from happening. My question is can my power wire handle this, or what changes must I make.

Hi, I currently have 2 1000W Amps hooked to 12" Subs in the back on my car. The fuse on my Scosche 6G Power wire just blew. The fuse number is 80A and it blew pretty violently. I was advised to upgrade to a higher fuse in order to prevent this from happening. My question is can my power wire handle this, or what changes must I make.
You have 2k running off one 6 gauge harness? There's your problem. Way too much draw. Upgrade to 1/0 run from batt to rear and get a distributor block to two 4 gauge to run both amps.

You have 2k running off one 6 gauge harness? There's your problem. Way too much draw. Upgrade to 1/0 run from batt to rear and get a distributor block to two 4 gauge to run both amps.
Yep, way to small of wire and fuse

run some 1/0 wire and fuse to the wire. If your amps dont take 0gage the do what cc said.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.