Just got a car again, next level up?

Raspo
10+ year member

So in my first car I had two kicker comps (the yellow ones) in a ported box, hooked up with a MTX thunder amp. A 108db loudtweeter also added to the sound, which was hooked up to a separate 100 watt amp. I plan to buy the loudtweeter again, but i'm having a hard time deciding on a sub/amp combo. I want something that hits a little harder then what I had, even though my original system cost me two sound violations and a lot of repair.

I'm not too good with comparing and looking at the specs of subwoofers and amps besides general wattage and all that. I was wondering if anyone could suggest some sub/amp combos? Preferably 10-12" that have crisp bass and quality sound. Box/sub/amp combos are cool too. Budget should be around $750. Any help is appreciated.

Well, with a 750 budget I would do a single sub and if it is properly setup with a decent amp and well built and designed enclosure you would be very pleased.

I found this little combo, not sure what to make of it besides that it looks powerful:

Orion 2010 HCCA102 - 10" HCCA Series Dual 2 ohm Subwoofer

+

Orion HCCA-D1200 1200W Mono Amplifier (Runs ~$200)

None yet as I just got the car. I just planned on taking it to have it professionally installed (I installed first system and it came with a lot of problems and repairs, but all in all gave me a good time for when I had it).

Go for a single 15" it will walk all over those lows, a lot easier than two 12's.
I would like a 15", but looking at the trunk of the Lincoln LS, don't think it will be big enough. Thus, why i'm looking for a 12"-15"

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Raspo

10+ year member
Raspo
Largo, FL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from