kenwood amp

Participant count
  • Participant list
Unlike home sterio the car sterio industry hasn't adopted a universal standard power measurment, so this allows some manufactures to claim high power rattings (HINT: keenwood, and Pioneer). Thats why manufactures advertise there amps that way; they try to "steal" customers. I'm not sure what "maximum" power means, but it dosn't mean thats how much the amp puts out at peaks (contempted to popularity beliefe). Maximum power is measured at a higher voltege level than most cars put out, and it also allows a 10% distortion level; basically this means they can measure the amp as if it had more power, but when compared to a "real environment" a car has a lower voltage than this measure, and 10% distortion dosn't sound good //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif Do you get what i'm saying? Allways go for RMS values since those are more realistic expectations. If you cant find RMS values, then i guess you devide the "maximum power" in halfe (or dish the manufacters crokedy stupid over power claims, and get a true amp made by real audiofiles who care about you; like True, and Hifonics). On a more "unfaire rating", theres even some amps rated in "Peak Power" wich is even worse than "Maximum Power"; Peak Power ratings are typically 3 times the actuall power you get from the amp; those crooks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/furious.gif.fc81ca146dbff91fede3ed290dbc4f4c.gif (HINT: Bose Audio has used Peak Power ratings, because their fake). Sorry about my sarcaseam, but i hope this helped.....

By the way, do you know someone named Timy Williams? He's one of my older brothers that i don't know that much, and lives by your area; he lives in Berkay, or Berniean, or something like that? South of your area. If im not mistakin Richmond is in the San Fransico area? Nice City //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Oh yeah; if you want more power out of your amp then you can wire your subs at a lower impedance (2ohms, 1ohms), but this depends on how much your amp can handle, and i think it only works on 2 or more subs?

Maybe somebody else can state this better; can you run a single sub at a lower impedance? "I don't think you can"....

Maybe somebody else can state this better; can you run a single sub at a lower impedance? "I don't think you can".... -cwillzy

yes u can, but the sub must be a dual voice coil sub.

well i have two of them i was going to run one to each sub until i can order my jbl1200.1 the subs are 15" L5's but doesnt sound like it will be to good to run them off those 2 kenwoods. Oh no i dont know nobody by that name.

my bad they are kennwood kac-829 they say bridgeable on the amp. So does that mean their able to be brigde for double the power or just to make one channel? Sorry i am new to this whole bridging thing. Also if i run one amp to each my L5 15, i think i will only get about 300 out the amps will that damage my L5?

Nope that will just tickle them. U need to get a poer house type amp.

And when u asked u aked were the amps bridgeable. I thought u ment could u bridge them to each other.

And when u bridge an amp it does not give u alot of power my be a lil more.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.