Kenwood DNX9140...who has it here?

It's a bad mother. Check out the Pioneer Z110, though. $110 cheaper and does most of the same stuff. The took different approaches to the same things, and they're $300 apart in price. It's worth looking at, but the 9140 is bad ass.

It's a bad mother. Check out the Pioneer Z110, though. 110 is cheaper and does most of the same stuff. The took different approaches to the same things, and they're $300 apart in price. It's worth looking at, but the 9140 is bad ass.

I just have a hard time liking the kenwood interface. I borrowed one of their decks, lower model than the 9140, for a month or so and just couldn't get used to it. The GUI wasn't appealing; it just looks odd.

The GUI is the same throughout the models so I'd have the same complaint.

I'm actually waiting on a pioneer z110bt. If not for that, then I'd probably be looking at the eclipse... I think it's model 726a, or something like that.

I dunno... my $.02.

Im looking for a new dd hu, and was looking at the DNX7140

How big is the difference between the two? Is it worth the extra $250?

I dont want to spend more but **** it 250 isnt gonna hurt too much when Im already dropping 1.5k //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I'm actually waiting on a pioneer z110bt. If not for that, then I'd probably be looking at the eclipse... I think it's model 726a, or something like that.
I was looking at the 726e's aswell.

I believe the 7140 doesn't have all the eq and tuning stuff. I think the 9140 is kinda slow. I like the 6140 better because it has a volme knob (hate volume buttons) and it's faster. However the new Pioneer is sexy too and the voice activation is great. One of the installers at the shop has the 9140 in his Lightning and it looks good, but like I said, it's pretty slow to start up and switch songs etc.

I have the 9140 and LOVE it. Sounds totally awesome with very extensive tuning controls. The interface could be better, but once you have used it a bit and settled down with it, its pretty ok. Garmin nav is awesome. I like the sound of this much better than a single-din Pioneer I had before this.

The Pioneer Z110BT has better and slightly faster interface but is missing several features, specially audio tuning. So maybe compare the two and decide. For me, I would pick the Kenwood any day.

9140 has separate 13 band EQs for front and rear, 7140 is 5 band. 5v pre-outs on 9140, 2v on 7140. Voice command on 9140, none on the 7140. 9140 also has a better screen. Yes it's worth the extra money.

i upgraded from the eclipse 726e. my opionion, if you like it simple with no customizing options and a so-so nav and very little tuning (bass, tremble,mid) then the eclipse is a decent unit.. now for me i need the customizable stuff the big eq, easy upgrade of software sms texting and it is a little hard to get use to but the dnx 9140 is wayyyyy better then any deck out right now.. i dont like pioneer not an option for me.. and the eclipse 5v pre out is like 2v.... for real. big diffrence from older eclipse and kenwwod, they lied on that 1.. lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.