Kick Panels -- Stick Shift Car -- Clutch Leg

Participant count
  • Participant list

bladebarrier
10+ year member

ct
I was thinking about tossing in some Q-forms kick-panels (6"). My car is a stick shift (Honda civic coupe, 2004).

Does anyone use these in a similar vehicle and does the kick panel get in the way of your clutch foot, while it's resting?

I really don't feel like doing a custom fiberglass job, and kick panels are pretty darn cheap for what they deliver, but as I commute to work 45 minutes each direction daily, I really don't want something that will annoy my clutch foot while I'm on the highway and it's trying to stretch out and relax.

I'm about 5'10" so I'm not a huge guy, and my civic is a comfortable fit right now, but I still need the seat all the way back to not cramp up, and my knees aren't the best because of damage from playing sports years ago.

Thanks,

barrier

i made custom speaker boxes since i never used fiberglass and will redo them eventually.. i bolted them to the kicks and overall they dont present any problem to me since my foot is always on or near the clutch.. the only thing thats different is being careful getting in and out of the car... but if you wanna "stretch out" and relax you might lose some room, but thats never an issue for me

Thanks for the response, Etac. If you were able to be comfortable enough with small boxes up front, then kick panels should probably be ok for me. There's not much else I can think of doing, as the door depth is pretty limited, and I too don't want to deal with fiberglassing something up.

just make something out of cardboard or something that would be approx the same size... and tape/velcro it on there.. see if it bothers you

I had Q forms in my 99 z24 cavalier and it never bothered me and I am a decent size dood.
Honestly though, you probably be better doing some fiberglass kicks. I didn't like my Q forms at all and even sealed them off.
Wow, they're that bad?

I really don't have the patience to do the fiberglass thing myself anymore, though.

How much do custom kicks cost these days, you guess?

I'll need to find a good carpenter as well, for the sub box as well, so maybe if someone could recommend?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.