Kicker cvr 12s keep em or trade em

Participant count
  • Participant list
I had 2 12 kicker cvr 12s the black ones I blew them both. Had them running off a rockford Fosgate prime 1200.1 wasn't even half way up. They are still under warranty so kicker are sending me 2 new ones. Should I try again with new ones or consider something different if so any suggestions considering the amp I have. Any feedback is appreciated

This time around make sure the bass boost is completely off, and the gain is set according to your pre out voltage not exceeding the capability of your amplifier. Both speakers blew, leads me to believe the amp was clipping. Kicker CVRs can handle more power than you think.

This time around make sure the bass boost is completely off, and the gain is set according to your pre out voltage not exceeding the capability of your amplifier. Both speakers blew, leads me to believe the amp was clipping. Kicker CVRs can handle more power than you think.
Yea I did have the bass boost up a lil how could I tell if the amp is clipping

Yea I did have the bass boost up a lil how could I tell if the amp is clipping
If the subs stop getting louder, get hot, smell funny, sound weird, your amp gets hot, your voltage is dropping a lot more than it should, you pop fuses, ect.

Those are a few general signs that your amp may be clipping.

Yea ur right I jus thought they would be louder
Not even going to say it

you will lose output if you turn the bass boost and gain up too high. It will sound cleaner and much much better if you properly tune it.

Ok I guess I'll give em another try jus can't have bass boost on n don't try crank em to the max. I mean they sound aight jus was expecting a lil more
You need a better box. Loud is in the box design. You buy some random box off ebay/amazon or even kicker's factory box, you are not gonna get anything out of the subs.

If you really want to do it right. You need a custom made enclosure specifically for your subwoofer and your car. Or if you can refund, we will show you what to get to really make your windshield flex.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.