Kicker zX1000.1 actual power?

toledokid
10+ year member

I've heard people say Kicker usually underrates their amps, and the website says 1000watts in 2ohms.

Under normal conditions what could I expect to get on average in my car? Let's say, once I do the Big Three, and upgrade my alternator? The subs are 12 inch diamond audio d6s 2ohm DVC.

also. since most specs are @ 14.4v what does it take to keep the voltage at such a steady place?? (I'm a noob, but I'm willing to learn //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif)

Ok cool.

Also, what would be my best bet of ordering one offline (warranty, etc)? The local car stereo stores around here are telling me they want $600 for one of these amps, when I can get one for $350-450 online.

Why do you care if it is underrated? Chances are the difference between 1,000 watts RMS and what the amplifier actually produces will be inaudible anyhow, so it is a moot point.

Why do you care if it is underrated? Chances are the difference between 1,000 watts RMS and what the amplifier actually produces will be inaudible anyhow, so it is a moot point.
Because I don't want to spend 350 to 400 on an amp that doesn't put out the power that it claims? I don't see anything wrong with that. plus I want to be able to power up my new woofers to nearly their full potential.

and what do you mean the difference in watts would be inaudible? Huh?

because u wont hear the difference of 150 watts by ear from 1000 watts to 1150 watts or whatever it might be. if it was double than that would be another story.

well if i was u i would just buy it online..woofersetc.com with a 1 year warranty

http://www.woofersetc.com/p3964/08ZX10001--Kicker-1-Ch-1000-Watt-ZX-Series-Amplifier.htm

420 plus shipping there might be other places for u to get it cheaper for online with a warranty just look around and save some money

id say close to 1200, and im not to sure at 2ohms if ur gonna get a lot of imp rise or not..but playing music id think u might, so id say all together on stock electircal it would prolly sit around 1000 anyways

Yeah.

ok cool, thanks everyone for explaining somethings to me, I'm starting to understand.

So, now I'm wondering before I buy this amp should I replace my alternator with a higher output one, or should my stock be good for now?

I ran one for a while with my stock alt, just make sure you do the big 3. The zx amps shine @2ohms, if 1 or 4ohm is what your looking for I would explore other options.

I ran one for a while with my stock alt, just make sure you do the big 3. The zx amps shine @2ohms, if 1 or 4ohm is what your looking for I would explore other options.
Did you run into any problems running one on your stock alt though?

One last question is, what is the major difference between the 06 model and the 08 models of the zX1000.1, I can get te 06ZX1000.1 for like 400$ whereas the 08ZX1000.1 runs about 600$ flat.

Any significant differences?

Nothing besides a switch to have a SSF I believe thats it the 06 doesnt have that option its set at 25hz the 08 model you can turn it on or off

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.