lanzar amps

Participant count
  • Participant list

puck11
10+ year member

ma
i am thinking of buying a lanzar htg224 amp ,does lanzar make a quality product,the amp is 99 bucks from caraudioonline,or is there a better brand in that price range.its a 2 channel 150watt rms perfect for my subs.

I have a Lanzar Vibe. Thought it was a good idea when I bought it, but now that I've used it for a while, I've found that it puts out nowhere near its rated power (rated 400W RMS x 2 bridged, but I think about half that would probably be more accurate), and it overheats and shuts off after being on for about an hour. I have a 10 year old beat up Kenwood amp that has never shut off or overheated in the 5 years I've had it, and it's in the same spot as the Lanzar.

I'd recommend waiting until you have more money before picking one up. Either that or go used.

Now the old Lanzars, those are some solid amps.

Depends on the model. I had a vibe 1200D and it was killer for the price. The old opti line was killer as well. I hear the new opti's are decent as well. I wouldn't ever buy one of the lower model lines though.

that's actually a VERY poorly rated amp. I can't tell you exactly what it produces, but with a 20A fuse there's no way it does more than about 250w optimally (4 ohms mono) which translates to 125x2 at 2 ohms stereo and probably 75x2 at 4 ohms stereo.

For $100 you should be able to do better.

It would be helpful to know specifically what subs you're going to be running. Do you have a model number?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.