Late Model GM Truck

bayless

Just put a lot of money in a system for my 08 GMC Sierra. Good quality components. Sounds terrible. A real hollow, tinny, harsh sound from all the door speakers. Put a lot of sound deadening material on outer skin, inner skin and door panel itself. May have helped a little but not near enough. Just wondering if anyone else has fought this. I have adjusted everything over and over....and over. Just cant get there. It really seems like I am fighting the acoustics of the truck and not the stereo itself. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank You

Have you verified all speakers are wired to the same polarity? Does it sound that bad in every seat? I second the need for more information as oxsign asked for.

1. What speakers are you using?

2. What head unit are you using?

3. Are the speakers on a stock amplifier?

4. If not, are they on an aftermarket amplifier?

5. Are you sure they're wired correctly?

6. Did you run all the wiring yourself or use stock wiring?

Pioneer AVH-X1500 DVD, 4-Focal P165V15, 2-10" Focal P25s, Arc Audio XDI 805 amp. Used stock speaker wires on doors. It does sound the same in all seats. I was listening to a podcast today and noticed the same bad sound when people would talk, even at low volume. It really does sound like the doors resonating, but not 100% sure. The guy that installed it is good, with 15 years of experience. I think he is tired of me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Used second skin deadener on the outer inner and door panels, And those rubber speaker tweaker pads behind the speakers. And 1 layer of CCF on outer door skin.

Does it only sound crap when your listening to radio or podcasts? or does it do it on cd's/ipod/usb ect?

whats your tweeters set too on the crossover? -3db?

CCF on the outer door skin is not doing anything beneficial. I'm sorry to say but Second Skin's marketing on that product is misleading, as there is little scientific reasoning behind CCF going inside a door. Anyway, could you post a picture of your equalizer settings on the head unit, or just describe them?

Like I said, I think I am fighting the acoustics of the truck and not the stereo itself. Door panels are a real hard plastic. Was wondering about a spray on undercoating type of sound deadener on the back of these. Anyone ever do this?

Used second skin deadener on the outer inner and door panels, And those rubber speaker tweaker pads behind the speakers. And 1 layer of CCF on outer door skin.
CCF on the outer door skin is not doing anything beneficial. I'm sorry to say but Second Skin's marketing on that product is misleading, as there is little scientific reasoning behind CCF going inside a door. Anyway, could you post a picture of your equalizer settings on the head unit, or just describe them?
CCF is used to decouple MLV from the metal. Used by itself it offers almost no benefit as it has very little sound wave blocking capability.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.