Lets TRy Again 5.25 Spk

Participant count
  • Participant list

jeepsrock
10+ year member

What are better replacements for my alpine 1329S speakers. I will have an amp that will push 85W a ch. This is just for my front stage. What can i get for around 100$. I am not sure if coaxials or component set would bet better. Actaully i only have a very vague understanding what component speakers are, i would appeicate it if someone could further explain. I need something that can play loud but not to loud, an i listen to jazz and some RAP.

PEte

not sure on which u can get for around 100.00......but componets are the woofer and the tweet seperated and have an external passive xover that splits the signal......i suggest them...they are much clearer than coaxials.....as for which ones...i suggest going to a store like bb or cc and listen to as many diff sets as u can...then come back and ask the best place to get them for cheap

I think anything will be better than the alpines that are 25RMS i have. What about the Infinity REf 505CS are those any good.

Unfortunaltely all i have around here is BestBuy and Circuit City which dont have much.

Pete

they usually carry a large variety of comps......but here are the ones i recomend......but remember i have a unique listening taste......

adire audio kodas(bit expensive tho)

alpine type r's

fosgate fanatic x or p

infinity reference

Hey guantlet out of those three sets what do you think would be the better one for my aplication. I like to play audio somewhat loud but also listen to jazz sometimes.

Pete

Originally posted by jeepsrock Hey guantlet out of those three sets what do you think would be the better one for my aplication. I like to play audio somewhat loud but also listen to jazz sometimes.

Pete
Ha, my name's Pete too. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif But out of those 3, I'd personally take the Crystals. MB Quart is sort of hit/miss, some people absolutely love them to the death, while others would refuse to even consider buying a pair....I'd suggest you test them out before making a purchase. As far as the Infinity, I love the Kappa and Perfect line, but the Reference sort of lacks in clarity to my ear. But actually.....now that I think about it....I'd probably just flip a coin between the Infinity's and Crystals....although the best advice I can give you is to find as many shops as you can and just listen to different sets, since each speaker sounds different to everyone, and everyone has different tastes.....

I went ahead and purchased the infinity 505cs from ikesound.com. I appreciate everones recommendations. I hope they turn out to be better than what i have now.

THX again

PEte

Originally posted by jeepsrock I went ahead and purchased the infinity 505cs from ikesound.com. I appreciate everones recommendations. I hope they turn out to be better than what i have now.
So, how did those 505cs components work out for you? Are you happy with them? How about posting a review on them.

Ikesound is very slow apparently. I ordered them last sunday 4/13 and they just shipped this monday 4/21. They sent me a tracking number yesterday which as an estimated arrival of next monday 4/28. Once i have them i will tell you guys how they are.

Pete

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.