Looking for Advice on a good, but inexpensive, HU

Participant count
  • Participant list

shrapnel
10+ year member

Hi was looking for a good HU with the following features.

• Built in BT
  • CD/MP3/WMA
  • USB

Pluses would be

• HD Radio
  • SAT radio
  • iPod connectivity
  • USB connector is on front panel, not the back
  • MP4 audio playback

Price range is $200 USD +$30/-$50 - (champagne tastes on a beer budget)

NOT looking to drive subs or component speakers.

Definitely looking for better than stock or el-cheapo garbage.

Been looking at the Alpine CDE-103BT, Clarion CZ509 (replaced by the aesthetically lesser looking CZ500)

(Crutchfield is tossing in a pair of Alpine SPG-17C2 speakers for free if I buy the Alpine HU from them if I buy now.)

Are there better choices that fit my criteria? What would be the better of the three models if I have to stick with one of them?

SubZero,

I can look on eBay easy enough, but I want to know all my options here... as in Similar models that may be better, or if this is the best I can get with the given features near this price point.

Kenwood, Pioneer, Clarion, Alpine, Rockford Fosgate, etc.

Ive never had any issues with Eclipse or Kenwood, but thats my own personal experience. Eclipse seems to offer higher preouts(incase you decide to run subs), but Kenwood has more EQ options(so you can make your stock speakers sound a little better for being stock) for the same price area when I dealt with them. I am happy with my cheap little Eclipse CD2000 really. I have had it for a few years now and haven't had a problem with it at all. The built in Security Network(ESN) is nice as well. Have been lucky enough to not have to use it though.

Thats just my 2 cents though and just a suggestion.

there is not best, its all preference. Just find the unit with all of the features you are looking for and thats it. Find one you like the appearance of...4v is 4v, bluetooth is bluetooth. everything plays the formats your looking for and usb ***** anyways. get an ipod.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.