Love some help with Alpine Life

Participant count
  • Participant list

Lambo3

Hey everybody, I'm new here and this is my first post.

I'm not new to forums in general, and so I know I should (and I am) search first before I post. But I'm in dyer need of a bit of help. So I figured I'd post while I'm searching for information here. I've been looking for a while now online.

I have '98 Volvo S70 that I just put a new KENWOOD DDX418 into. A week later we realized that the two rear shelf speakers are not the original 8 inch factory ones, they were swapped with some crappy oval ford ranger ones (we think) and so getting this amp and sub in has become a very important to me. I need it done asap //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I have an Alpine MRP-M500 amplifier, and an Alpine SWS-1243D 12" subwoofer that I need to get into this car, and use the sub instead of those dirty rear shelfs....

Here is a link to each of the amp and sub:

NOTE: I was not 'allowed' to post links. sorry. these (all so far) car/mobile audio forums are some of the most restricting things on the net. Crazy man, unnecessary.

I got a good deal on these brand new, and I'd like to not have to spend the money I saved on some guy at 'bestbuy' to install them halfassed and overpriced. Not even gonna tell you how much they wanted. Sick.

Any help is very much appreciated. Even links to reading material would be nice.

I appreciate your guys time. I can see from my ... preliminary (nice one huh?) searching on these forums that there are some VERY knowledgeable people here.

Thanks for having me! I love learning so I'm able to do stuff myself, but I have limited time these days with school and work. So I'm in need of some help.

Thanks again.

Peace.

Last edited by a moderator:
it is ok to link to the owners manual or post pics of close up images, but no links to selling sites due to lots of spam on car audio sites.

http://support.alpine-usa.com/products/documents/OM_SWS-1043D.PDF

http://vault.alpine-usa.com/products/documents/OM_MRP-M500.PDF

if you want to know how to hook them together, the manuals give you that information. as well as power wire and ground wire requirements for the amplifier, and enclosure recommendations for the subwoofer.

an amplifier installation kit that includes RCA cables will give you what you need for connectivity.

if you have specific vehicle questions, feel free to list them. pics of the car would help, where you plan on locating equipment.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.