SOLD Mach 5 SPL Motor

ascitiesburn69
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Got a Mach 5 SPL motor in pretty good condition. Some scratches where the basket mounts to the motor on the top plate but other than that, pretty good. Beefy ass motor, triple stacked 1" slugs and around 60lbs IIRC. Have all the screws and lock washers that it came with to mount basket. Super strong motor and sounds great for daily off 2500wrms or so. Love this motor but its time to try something new //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Asking 125$ shipped.

Also have the Mach 5 12" basket that looks like this: SPL-12 : Mach 5 Audio but it has glue on it.

And can ship in a separate flat rate box for 30$ extra shipped.

Pics here...http://s557.photobucket.com/albums/ss15/ascitiesburn69/Mach%205%20SPL%20pics/

Last edited by a moderator:
Got a Mach 5 SPL motor in pretty good condition. Some scratches where the basket mounts to the motor on the top plate but other than that, pretty good. Beefy ass motor, triple stacked 1" slugs and around 60lbs IIRC. Same motor as RE MT uses. Have all the screws and lock washers that it came with to mount basket. Super strong motor and sounds great for daily off 2500wrms or so. Love this motor but its time to try something new //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gifAsking 125$ shipped.

Also have the Mach 5 12" basket that looks like this: SPL-12 : Mach 5 Audio but it has glue on it.

And can ship in a separate flat rate box for 30$ extra shipped.
You sure about that?

Nice motor regardless

You sure about that?
Nice motor regardless
Not positive but seen them both and look **** similar in size and weight and top plate height etc. I'll take that off just to be on the safe side.

EDIT: Pretty awesome that you made a 10" out of this motor. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Not positive but seen them both and look **** similar in size and weight and top plate height etc. I'll take that off just to be on the safe side.EDIT: Pretty awesome that you made a 10" out of this motor. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
Not the same as the MT bro. But a very strong motor nonetheless, bump for a nice price too, shipping isn't cheap on this !

Does this SPL motor have the cooling holes on the backplate or no?

Not the same as the MT bro. But a very strong motor nonetheless, bump for a nice price too, shipping isn't cheap on this !
Does this SPL motor have the cooling holes on the backplate or no?
No sir. It does a great job of cool the VC though because it doesn't have a pole vent. Friend who had this before me was running 2 AQ2200d's at .5 each on it for a hella long time daily and it took it like nothing. Put up a 149.6 sealed up with 1-12".

No sir. It does a great job of cool the VC though because it doesn't have a pole vent. Friend who had this before me was running 2 AQ2200d's at .5 each on it for a hella long time daily and it took it like nothing. Put up a 149.6 sealed up with 1-12".
I know they can still take power, was just asking because I already have 3 of the motors with cooling vents in the gap on the backplate and might have been interested in this one. It's a great motor nonetheless, just two slightly different designs. I believe the main reason of the backplate holes were to reduce pressure, the same thing could be done on the SPL-12's by drilling holes into the dustcap..

Bump for a great motor and a very nice price! Should sell pretty quick, these are great motors for SPL builds.

I know they can still take power, was just asking because I already have 3 of the motors with cooling vents in the gap on the backplate and might have been interested in this one. It's a great motor nonetheless, just two slightly different designs. I believe the main reason of the backplate holes were to reduce pressure, the same thing could be done on the SPL-12's by drilling holes into the dustcap..
Bump for a great motor and a very nice price! Should sell pretty quick, these are great motors for SPL builds.
this is exactly what was done when my friend had that power on it.

And Thanks, I hope it sells quick, I need some extra funding for my new build.

Not positive but seen them both and look **** similar in size and weight and top plate height etc. I'll take that off just to be on the safe side.EDIT: Pretty awesome that you made a 10" out of this motor. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
Yeah I have both of those motors too...they probably weigh about the same but I think the MT is a bit taller, but the SPL might be a bit wider. They are both great motors with tons of strength. Mach 5 is a great company to deal with too.

I like my 10" too, I used a smaller coil than the stock one so I lost some power handling but hopefully gained efficiency. I should get it metered sometime to see what it will do.

Makes me wanna get another one and do 2 10"s in my trunk with them.....Sadly I don't have nearly enough power //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Anyways morning bump for a beastly, sexy motor

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.