**mb quart onx4.125**

it was bought brand new.....accidently put a 2 ohm load on it per side and it prolly blew..accidents arent covered...havent opened/broke seals to check internal

posting pics shortly.

img20110525181719.jpg

img20110525181935.jpg

Well you're ok then, It's rated for 2 ohms per channel, so u haven't void the warranty. I would just contact the place u purchased it from.

^^thats where i screwed up and misread the specs^^

i should been more specific earlier... **I ACCIDENTLY BRIDGED EACH SIDE DOWN TO 2 OHMS WHEN ITS ONLY 4 OHM STABLE BRIDGED**

What u did should not have blown the amp. Yes, it might have went into protect but it should have been as simple as shutting it down and turning back on. How was ur voltage when this went down? I am 99% sure this would be under warranty and that there was an issue with the amp prior to your lil mishap.

P.S I have seen this amp ran at 2ohm bridged and never go into protect. Me and a mate were comparing his amp (onx4.125) and my amp (1000c4) and both did operate in 2ohm bridged yes it gotta hella hot but they did not fail or go into protect.

What u did should not have blown the amp. Yes, it might have went into protect but it should have been as simple as shutting it down and turning back on. How was ur voltage when this went down? I am 99% sure this would be under warranty and that there was an issue with the amp prior to your lil mishap.
P.S I have seen this amp ran at 2ohm bridged and never go into protect. Me and a mate were comparing his amp (onx4.125) and my amp (1000c4) and both did operate in 2ohm bridged yes it gotta hella hot but they did not fail or go into protect.
X2

Have you tried operating it at a 4 ohm load, or 2 ohm per channel?

**** really?.......i guess its too late now tho since i already opened it....warranties voided //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.