Mid Cutting Out

Participant count
  • Participant list

Decado
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
So for some reason today after having everything untouched for ~6 months my right mid decided to start cutting out. I noticed when I make a right turn it will go on but it will eventually cut back out. I checked every connection, RCAs at the HU are fine, RCAs at the amp are fine, speaker connection at the amp is fine, speaker connection at the speaker is fine, wires are fine. Now I've noticed if I switch the left and right speaker wire connection at the amp the side that cuts out changes so it has to be a problem with either the amp or the HU. What could be wrong, is there something loose in the amp or could it be the shitty pioneer pigtail RCA connection on the HU?

press on speaker,. if that makes it cut in and out, speaker is bad
The speaker isn't the problem, I switch the left and right speaker connections on the amp and the cutting out side switches.

Check the rca's...try another set to see if that helps . Or the amp might have a bad channel
Can RCA's just go bad without any damage to them? If the amp has a bad channel will it cut in and out like that?

The speaker isn't the problem, I switch the left and right speaker connections on the amp and the cutting out side switches.

Can RCA's just go bad without any damage to them? If the amp has a bad channel will it cut in and out like that?
I would check the rca first . Yeah they can go bad even if they look good

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.