money breakdown questions

Participant count
  • Participant list

otravez

USA
How much should I spend on front comps? 2k-2.5k is my budget (maybe more). Right now I'm looking at $350-$450 for comps. No rear fill, one 10 inch sub, and 2 Zapco amps.

Should I be spending more than 18-25% of my budget on front comps? An SQ system, obviously, is what I'm shooting at.

How much should I spend on front comps? 2k-2.5k is my budget (maybe more). Right now I'm looking at $350-$450 for comps. No rear fill, one 10 inch sub, and 2 Zapco amps.
Should I be spending more than 18-25% of my budget on front comps? An SQ system, obviously, is what I'm shooting at.

Are you going to be buying a headunit?

Taking deadener into consideration?

Wires/battery/alt?

Are you going to be buying a headunit?
Taking deadener into consideration?

Wires/battery/alt?

H/U is already picked out... for the most part Alpine CDA-9887... I'm talking about no installation, deadener, wires or anything EXCEPT for the H/U, amps, sub and front comps. That's it.

Yea, will definitely be active with the 2 Zapco DC amps. I'm spending half of my budget on amps alone. If I spend 35-40% on front comps, that'll be in the neighborhood of $585-$670.

I would appreciate more input on this. How much did you spend on front stage compared to your other base equipment (H/U, amps, and sub)? No installation, wires, batteries or anything else.

The front stage is priority #1. Perhaps not in cost, but you have to think about what you're going to use and placement before anything else.

I would think first about what you're going to be doing (2-way, 3-way?) then about what products would fit that scheme better. And then buying the best products possible for your budget.

Was looking for 2-way, 6 1/2" Around 180watts continuous. SQ being the end goal... I have my eyes on a few manufacturers. Focal, Morel, Diamond Audio, Rainbow, Phoenix Gold, Image Dynamics....

Personally, with that kind of budget I'd look into Audio Technology, Hybrid Audio, or Scanspeak...just me though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Mounting in kickpods, yes?

i agree. your frontstage is the most critical component of your entire sound system IMO. thats the part you really want to sound good, because.. well... your listening to your music. if your spending money on a soundsystem the general idea is to get the best sound out of it as possible. ive had my eclipse sc6500 component set w/ a clarion EQ for quite some time and i just now got it tuned properly to sound very good. ive had this setup for a few months. even with a great component set, it still takes time and patience to get quality sound. only thing that ***** is im ready for a new frontstage, and want to go active. so i have to start over //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Thanks for the tips Jim and Dollaz. I will defiantly look into those speakers Jim... and well just thanks in general. I appreciate the help.

Kickpods for sure.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.