Multiple false alarms daily.

Participant count
  • Participant list

davisontech

2012 Ford Edge SEL

Python 3305P 2 way alarm with Tilt sensor and Battery Backup.

Just got this alarm installed last week and have been getting 1-3 Sensor false alarms daily...sometimes hours apart, sometimes minutes apart.

After day 1, I brought it back to the installer and he turned down Sensor sensitivity for me, but I am still getting false alarms. I have been outside with it a couple times when it has gone off so I know there is nothing even touching the car to trigger these false alarms.

I have been out of town for a few days now so havent been able to go back for more adjusting, but I will be back in the next couple days to get it tweaked by installer.

In the meantime, anything specific that could be triggering these?...will turning down sensitivity any more even help since I have witnessed it go off without anything touching it?

I read somewhere to make sure the brain is zip-tied under the dash...not hard mounted...as that can be a cause of false sensor alarms. Also have read that a current draw could give a false alarm...could my amp (or something else) be drawing some current randomly and setting it off?

Anything else specific about wiring/settings/etc that I should confirm with installer when I see him?

Thanks in advance.

When mine is going off I get the "hammer" on the 2way pager...which is supposed to stand for the Shock Sensor. The word SENSOR also comes up at the bottom, and I assumed it was for the Shock Sensor...but I will make sure that doesnt have anything to do with the Tilt Sensor. Thanks for the idea.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Shock sensors can be super sensitive. The one on my motorcycle alarm is set to the lowest possible sensitivity yet still sometimes is triggered just by a loud truck passing by or my car door shutting. Tell him to turn the sensitivity down more or possibly consider a different mounting option (the mounting placement and method has a huge impact).

Shock sensors can be super sensitive. The one on my motorcycle alarm is set to the lowest possible sensitivity yet still sometimes is triggered just by a loud truck passing by or my car door shutting. Tell him to turn the sensitivity down more or possibly consider a different mounting option (the mounting placement and method has a huge impact).
I am going to ask him to mount it differently and see how it goes. Thing is driving me crazy right now, cant even use it bc it wakes me up in the middle of the night with false triggers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.