my 05 civic rebuild

spent 400 bucks on an HU and wont spend 5 bucks on some **** ARMOR ALL!!!! HA HA **** dusty interior.... just busting ur balls.

looks good man. hoping to get start on my install on my civic pretty soon!

lol, yeah the car has saw dust all in the interior. though i have like 4 different bottles of interior detailer. i have so many cleaning supplies for my car it's rediculous. though i might be taking apart the dash to re-work some of the wiring that was done for my relay and meters. maybe replace my gain remote as the led on it is dead. also there is a little thing i have been thinking about for an ipod mount. bah.

as for choking the output with the sub being in it's position a is in the trunk i don't feel it's bad at all. i like the output really. at times it's actually too much. i've gotten out of my car after like 45minutes of abuse and have that pressure feeling in my ears. lol. i might be moving the box a little closer to the trunk lid to see if ther is a difference but in all honesty i like the way it is. this won't be a comp thing but i'd like to get it metered eventually. though that won't be till everythings set up right.

well after messing more with the HU i'm getting quite acustomed to it and it's options. i have one downfall so far with it. alpine states full speed ipod control/scroll. well, i would have to disagree. when you got more than 275 artist on an ipod. it takes a long time to find something to listen to. unlike scrolling thru the actual ipod i can get from a to z in less than 3 secs. it takes me 3-5 seconds just to get thru the A's on the head unit. it does have a jump function like going to different sections of the list. like say it's in the A's. i press a number and it'll jusmp to the D's, another would just to the S's and so forth. helps a bit.

other than that i love the H.U.

well today i came across a problem with the system. i think i blew my 4 channel amp. it still plays but 1 channel is giving nasty output. there's like the groggy like sound coming out of my mid when it plays. initially i thought i blew a mid, so i grabbed a new mid and placed it in it's spot and saw it was doing the same thing. so i thought maybe the RCA's. switched the output and still the same. so i figure it's not the rca and it's the amp. i have to rip it all out tomorrow to pull the amp so i'll leave that for today(sunday). it was dark out so i didn't want to start messing with things. we shall see..

oh, and i cracked my trunk //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

lol

when you look at the pic, look at it from a distance.

950d0190.jpg

anyone got any remedies on how to fix/brace the strenth of the trunk lid to save it from cracking?

well after messing more with the HU i'm getting quite acustomed to it and it's options. i have one downfall so far with it. alpine states full speed ipod control/scroll. well, i would have to disagree. when you got more than 275 artist on an ipod. it takes a long time to find something to listen to. unlike scrolling thru the actual ipod i can get from a to z in less than 3 secs. it takes me 3-5 seconds just to get thru the A's on the head unit. it does have a jump function like going to different sections of the list. like say it's in the A's. i press a number and it'll jusmp to the D's, another would just to the S's and so forth. helps a bit.other than that i love the H.U.

well today i came across a problem with the system. i think i blew my 4 channel amp. it still plays but 1 channel is giving nasty output. there's like the groggy like sound coming out of my mid when it plays. initially i thought i blew a mid, so i grabbed a new mid and placed it in it's spot and saw it was doing the same thing. so i thought maybe the RCA's. switched the output and still the same. so i figure it's not the rca and it's the amp. i have to rip it all out tomorrow to pull the amp so i'll leave that for today(sunday). it was dark out so i didn't want to start messing with things. we shall see..

oh, and i cracked my trunk //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

lol

when you look at the pic, look at it from a distance.

950d0190.jpg

anyone got any remedies on how to fix/brace the strenth of the trunk lid to save it from cracking?
ive seen ppl weld small bars into the lid to improve strength and reduce flex, but it will make it a bit heavier.

Is that remote wire big enough!!! What is that, an 8 gauge remote!!?!
yeah. it's really 18ga from my relay up under the dash to the trunk. then 8ga from the spare tire well up to the 2 amps. it's just for looks.

so far your the first who's commented on it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

well at lunch time i went home and i saw a package sitting on my bed. i'm like wtf is this i'm not expecting anything other than an amp that i know wouldn't be here today. well i find it's my alternator so i'm like hell yeah! i open it up and take pics. so i take it to advanced auto and have them test the alt. they tested it but said there is something wrong with it. something that it wasn't charging sufficiently. the meter would jump up to 10v but not much past it. i don't know what rpm rate they tested it at but i asked if they could tell me what rpm rate it's at and if he could up the rpm rate. he said he couldn't tell but that it should be sufficient enough to make any alternator charge properly.

so i take it to Napa and ask if they could tell me if they can test the load. they tell me they will end up having a problem testing it due to it being an HO alt. that when he puts the information into their system they would end up having to set the system to rate an 05 stock civic alt with an 80amp load. but then it starts juicing 180amps it would show errors.

they recommended me to take it to another place that works on industrial vehicles and they might be able to test it's load output.

has anyone ever come across this when trying to test a high output alt at any of these comercial areas?

f08bc928.jpg

c76deeca.jpg

b650f3c0.jpg

03dc141c.jpg

i have to take it to a plaec called R&R deisel. it's a place that works on alternators and marine alternators and electrical equipment along for industrial equipment. maybe they can test the alt before i put it in.

oh, i left my kinetik on the trickle charger allllll day. lol i think my multi meters off.. lol

d65cd17c.jpg

lmao. I love the 8AWG Remote. I might do that for sh!ts and giggles.

But clean install!

I might re-do my install. I'll form it after yours //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

[if I do end up doing it, I'm getting a 12" Fi Q... and I'll also have to build it in my trunk. However, I don't know how to kerf for sh!t. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

lmao. I love the 8AWG Remote. I might do that for sh!ts and giggles.
But clean install!

I might re-do my install. I'll form it after yours //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

[if I do end up doing it, I'm getting a 12" Fi Q... and I'll also have to build it in my trunk. However, I don't know how to kerf for sh!t. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
one of the reasons why i put 8ga remote on the amps is what puzzles me a bit. why would they put 8ga input terminals on remote terminals when most common remote wire is 18-16ga? you got this big'ol input with this rinky dink blue wire. blasphomey!

so 8ga that bish!

i didn't know how to kerf. i just read up on it and had someone design me a box with precise cut sheets.

you can say **** //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Looks great, but I do have a couple suggestions. I'm sure that rear deck rattles. Not sure if it's too late, but if you could spray some deadener on the bottom of the rear deck, get a nice few layers, it will help a good bit. Also, not sure if you deadened just the outer portion of the door or if you did the inner as well. If you didn't do the inner, I highly recommend it. As for the trunk lid, where it locks into place near the bumper there are two bolts...if you loosen those and lower the latch (will be a couple millimeters) it will help reduce rattling and keep the pressure in the trunk more.

I do have a question though, are your tail lights blacked out or smoked? They seem to be a dark smoke, but I don't know if there is sunlight that's causing it to look like that. If it's smoked, did you do it yourself, or how did you get it done?

thanks for the repies guys.

don, yeah i deadened the inside of the door panel or what is the outerskin of the door panel. the rear panel doesn't rattle much anymore but it is not noticable at the volume levels i play it at. on my first install one of the methods i used to reduce that panel noise was a tube sock. the main issue was the 3rd brake light hump was making contact with the glass which would cause nasty slapping and rattle.

pic:

100_0632.jpg

well the sock isn't there but i have a microfiber towel in there. it covers my 3rd light but a member on SSA has given me a possible solution to help the issue w/o me having to cover the 3rd light.

as for the latch from where the trunk lid locks in place i have already repositioned it when i ran my XXX to reduce rattle. lol, i just got ot get more deadening to cover the trunk lid. i'm considering on using expanding foam for the inner cavities then puttings deadening on it all when it's ready. that should take care of alot of the rattle. i just gotta wait for the second tax monies to arrive.

em the tint on my tail lights are VHT Nightshades. i spray tinted them to a degree where they looked smoked. i didn't want them blacked out but when you look at them in person at a far distance they will look straight black to you. but up close maybe 10 ft away you'll see them more of a smoked while still being able to see a hint of red. which is how i wanted them. i didn't want them too dark to get me pulled over and such, yet i wanted them dark enough where it will still be clearly visible for when i brake. so far i've never been pulled over and have had NUMEROUS and NUMEROUS cops behind me. all is well...

here is how i did it.

it's like a semi tutorial.

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=12817

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.