My rainbow install:

ak47clown
10+ year member

Well after a long long time, I've finally got all my **** installed. I should have taken pictures all along but didn't bother so here's the basic rundown.

Eclipse 8445 HU

Infinity Kappa Perfect 12.1d sub

Infinity Reference amplifier

Rainbow Soundline SLC 265 components

Diamond D3 400.4 amp

SecondSkin Spectrum Sludge deadening in trunk and front doors

Custom Kick panels

Custom amp rack

Big "3" upgrade

By far I am happiest with the way the kick panels came out. I ended up cutting into the floor to allow some more space behind the mids and mounted them in an mdf ring (i did not make an enclosure). Then I cut away the existing kick panels to fit around the speakers (had to buy a new set because i screwed up the first). The panels didn't fit quite properly because the mdf protruded a little so i took a blow torch and heated each panel until i was able to mold it for a much nicer fit.

The amp rack I made in the back was just something so I could keep everything stationary in the trunk and throw stuff on top of the amps if need be. I've got 2 led fans pulling air out and I created a channel in the back to allow air to get pulled in (and also run all my wires). Instead of a relay to switch the fans on, the engineer I work with made a simple circuit with a mosfet that switches the ground and draws next to no current. The diamond amp is hinged to allow easy access to the adjustments and I plan on hinging the Infinity when I get around to it. I'll have to get some night shots of the box and cleanup the wiring some more but i'm satisfied for now.

kickpanels:

kick4.jpg

kick3.jpg

kick2.jpg

kick1.jpg

Trunk:

trunk.jpg

amp2.jpg

amp1.jpg

Here's a closeup of the vent and crossovers:

crossover.jpg

It's kinda hard to tell but that channel is actually behind the subwoofer. I made the rack in an "L" shape so that the sub would fit snugly next to it and also so I had a channel to run the wires through.

Overall, I couldn't be happier with my system now. It's by no means going to win me any awards but it defintely sounds awesome.

overall pretty good. i semi like the kick install but you need to close that gap on the tweets //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif.

but good job though and looks good.

yeah...i was kinda an idiot when i cut the holes for the tweeters through the kickpanel. I used the same hole saw as the one I used for the mdf not thinking. I'm thinkin of makin something to fill that in but when you're in the car, you really don't notice it.

is your fans constantly on or is it preset @ a certain thermal extant?

i'm just trying to get ideas on how i want my amp rack to be.

btw nice setup & x2 the kick panel comment.

the fans are some 4 dollar POS's i bought online and they run as long as the car is on. I've only had the fan's installed for a day now but they seem to be making a pretty big difference. Before i would drive home (about 40 minutes) and the amps would be pretty **** hot (this was without the cover on too). Now they are not nearly as hot which is good because one of my concerns was warping the plexi.

to clean up that cut on the plastic kickpanels... get some black rubber tubing like the size of an 8ga wire or smaller (from hardware store/auto parts store, etc) and cut a slit down one side of it with a razor blade... then glue it onto the part of the kickpanel that you cut and it will make it look smooth and clean //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

nice lookin setup looks good all around to me except the tweets but thats already been mentioned and shouldnt be too hard to fix

good job //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

nice speakers. but, not shure if they are going to play to their fullest in that install.
You say that because I didn't seal the enclosures? I was under the impression that with midbass it wasn't as crucial to seal your install off as it would be a sub or something of that nature. I was actually surprised how well they sounded...

regarding the tweeters-I'll give the heat shrink a shot and try a few other things as well to see what looks best

with those power and rca wires ran like that... hope those rca's got some good jacketing on em //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.