nail gun

drills are better //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
i built a box today and it made everything way quicker and easier. and i even knocked it around to test to see if the nails would come loose but it still held strong!

120 psi 15 gauge nail gun with 1.5" nails makes quick work of boxes //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

And to all the people who want to screw their box because it makes it stronger and what not, it doesn't really matter. Nailing is sooo much more time effective then pre-drilling and screwing. The wood glue is what holds the enclosure together anyway. I've built enclosures with just wood glue, screws, nails, hasn't mattered yet...

120 psi 15 gauge nail gun with 1.5" nails makes quick work of boxes //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
And to all the people who want to screw their box because it makes it stronger and what not, it doesn't really matter. Nailing is sooo much more time effective then pre-drilling and screwing. The wood glue is what holds the enclosure together anyway. I've built enclosures with just wood glue, screws, nails, hasn't mattered yet...
i use a 100 psi nail gun with just 1 inch nails and it worked like a charm. definately upgrading to 1-1/4" nails next time so i can dig a little deeper. 18 gauge is what i used

pics of said box.
ill be posting in his build log tomorrow. the only reason i havent added pics is because he upgraded so quick there was no point.

Staple guns are better...with little brad nails it'll be easier for the MDF to back out over the head of the nail. Not like it'd really have to come to that if you build your box right.

Staple guns are better...with little brad nails it'll be easier for the MDF to back out over the head of the nail. Not like it'd really have to come to that if you build your box right.
I've had the nails give some and the pieces separate but that's usually user error.

Most important box building tool IMO, good clamps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Falcons

5,000+ posts
that **** i dont like
Falcons
Albion, New York, United States
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date