$600 System Need Help

Czarcas7ic
10+ year member

To start off I dont know much about cars or audio systems. I just got a Mitsubishi Eclipse 2003 and want to install a new audio system in it. Bass is my main thing, so I know I need to put a lot of money in that. I was thinking two JL Audio 10W3v3 subwoofers and the sony CXS GT3516F for the head unit/front speakers. I was going to get rear speakers, but I heard that it's not worth it with my low budget. Also I'm hearing things about amplifiers. Would it benefit me to get one? All I know is Best Buy charges a rediculous amount to put it in. Anyway, I wanted to get some input from people who actually knows what their talking about. I know this system is probably very off balance, which is why I'm coming to you guys to help balance it for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Then he'll only have 100 dollars for a headunit, front speakers and wiring... plus it doesn't look like he's in any shape to install it himself.

The W3 is not a bad sub, but you'll save yourself a notable amount of money by picking them up used, or going with a more competitively-priced brand such as Sundown Audio, Obsidian, etc.

If you're after deep bass, you're going to want to get a mono amp for the subs, or at least find a head unit with high-level outputs...8V would be best.

I don't know anything about the Sony HU you are looking at, but I am not at all impressed with Sony's current offerings.

With only a $600 budget, you really are going to want to avoid paying for an install in order to save all your $$ for the components.

Read and do your research, and then see if you can find a couple local guys who will help you out with it

Then he'll only have 100 dollars for a headunit, front speakers and wiring... plus it doesn't look like he's in any shape to install it himself.
I would have sexx with your setup //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

do some more checking around , the sony decks of new are pretty much crap.you'll want 1-2 subs prolly 10's or 12's in a ported box too.id look at some sa 12's or dc level 2 or 3 ,something along that line . then a 1000-1200 watt rms mono block amp.with only 600 you might wanna look at used equipment to.i have alot of buddies in so cal i'm sure i could find some one that you can pay to install it if you can't do it yourself

I would have sexx with your setup //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
I can't tell if you're being serious, because I'm willing to put her on the corner for you.

I can't tell if you're being serious, because I'm willing to put her on the corner for you.
You do not understand how serious I am lol.

Love the Boston SR speakers (got em on my golf cart), Boston Z6s are sex, Boston SPGs are epic goat sex, and if I could marry an Older Boston GT amp, I would!

I'm splitting up the set of 555... one for each car, one ported and one sealed. So I can have a rock music car and a rap music car... haha!

do some more checking around , the sony decks of new are pretty much crap.you'll want 1-2 subs prolly 10's or 12's in a ported box too.id look at some sa 12's or dc level 2 or 3 ,something along that line . then a 1000-1200 watt rms mono block amp.with only 600 you might wanna look at used equipment to.i have alot of buddies in so cal i'm sure i could find some one that you can pay to install it if you can't do it yourself
Wow that would be awesome if you could hook me up I don't want to give my money to those bastards over at Best Buy anyway. So your saying the subs I have in mind are good, but then the rest of what you say I dont understand. Is there any way you could post a link to the other things you are recomending?

Edit: So like this http://www.amazon.com/Hifonics-Hfi1500d-Watt-Block-Amplifier/dp/B003PSCBUQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1340920658&sr=1-1&keywords=rms+mono+block+amp

http://www.amazon.com/SA-12-D2-Sundown-Series-Subwoofer/dp/B003ZW80TS

What about head unit and front speakers?

As for the ported box, should I get a single like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/12-INCH-PORTED-SUB-BOX-VENTED-SUBWOOFER-ENCLOSURE-LOUD-/230815694341?pt=US_Speaker_Sub_Enclosures&hash=item35bdaffe05&vxp=mtr

OR should I get a double in case later I want two?

The W3 is not a bad sub, but you'll save yourself a notable amount of money by picking them up used, or going with a more competitively-priced brand such as Sundown Audio, Obsidian, etc.If you're after deep bass, you're going to want to get a mono amp for the subs, or at least find a head unit with high-level outputs...8V would be best.

I don't know anything about the Sony HU you are looking at, but I am not at all impressed with Sony's current offerings.

With only a $600 budget, you really are going to want to avoid paying for an install in order to save all your $$ for the components.

Read and do your research, and then see if you can find a couple local guys who will help you out with it
So I'm assuming the one I posted isnt a mono amp? And if not the Sony one, then what? I'm sure it would be best to get a head unit seperate from the front speakers rather it coming together in a package huh?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.