need a 4 way crossover

bacardio69420
10+ year member

anybody know where i can find a 4 way crossover for a decent price i need something to run my 8" midbass subs between like 80-400hz subs below that and then my 2 sets of door speakers. all of my stuff is kicker. If anybody has anything please let me know iv been looking for a long time and alls i can really find is audiocontrols dqsx i think thats what it is the digital one but its like $500 and i can't spend that much.

for a 4 way crossover, your options really aren't to broad and you can't be picky about price. you may want to consider building your own, but that'll probably still run you a couple hundred.

why dont you use a 3way and get a separate amp for sub duty or use an amp that is 3way capable to run crossovers and subs at the same time

i still need some sort of band pass xover for the midbass my amps and my HU can crossover everything else. i was almost wondering if i could find a 3 way and set up the low pass filter on it and then set the high on my HU but im not sure if that will work. if anybody has tried something like that let me know.

I have a really nice BNIB old shool 4 way JBL crossover like this one....

oldschool002.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You can build your own crossovers for pretty cheap...Maybe $100 or so depending on how complex you want to make them (i.e. 2nd order, 3rd order, etc)

This just went up on ebay.......

Precision Power Crossover PrecisionPower frx-456

a 4/5/6 way crossover, which lets you adjust:Front high/Mid range/ Mid Bass

Rear high/Mid range/ and Fill level

Subwoofer gain/Sub Sonic/ and Sub

Price:US $39.95 (Buy it Now)

Precision Power Crossover PrecisionPower frx-456 - eBay (item 140484390447 end time Dec-06-10 11:37:42 PST)
$55 shipping.... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

i had a similiar issue doing 3 way plus sub.

my solution was taking a 3 way crossover and having mibass and sub share that rca pair. set the preamp crossover for 400hz lpf....use the midbass amp's hpf at 80hz. use the sub amps crossover lpf 70-80hz or whatever you need...and the SSF on the sub amp if it has it.

you can even go as far as to stick a line driver or other preamp between the preamp crossover and midbass/sub amps. if it has 1 pair in 2 pair out it works for that spot

i love my memphis 16-xo3. it's midbass setting goes right up to 400hz -18db ,or -24db (its one or the other). right where i need it too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

get a 3 way crossover and on mid output use a y adapter and FMOD's , high pass for the mids , low pass for the mid bass. IE if your mid output on the crossover is playing 80-5000 and you got 2 sets of FMOD's you could for example send 80-800 to the midbass amp and 800-5000 to midrange amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.