Need a box designed for a DC XL

Participant count
  • Participant list
the space youve got would probably work for even a slot... better decide on how you want to configure the box to let it thru the deck... if not... a standard slot port would be advisable or even a side fire aero or round... it's not sitting in the driveway here so I hesitate to try to design something that I cant envision...

the space youve got would probably work for even a slot... better decide on how you want to configure the box to let it thru the deck... if not... a standard slot port would be advisable or even a side fire aero or round... it's not sitting in the driveway here so I hesitate to try to design something that I cant envision...
My max dimensions are trying to account for being able to get it into the trunk so I don’t have to build it insitu.

Yeah... those Mustang trunks have a small opening... I had to build 2 single ported boxes and join them together last time I put a pair of 12's in a Mustang... D*mn thing hammered tho... that XL moves some air and the port length will be longer due to the area needed for your power... IDK... I played with it and a single 5" round looks the best, 24" long... the multiple 4" aero is kinda long and the 6" has LENGTH.. if it was mine I'd do a single 5" round, flared a bit and side firing with the sub firing to the rear... it would be an experiment for me as I haven't done one in a Mustang as of yet... 8.75 motor width and 9" depth... thats a biggun'... Im not gonna be here for a few days until the weekend... but Im sure I can try to help when I get time... wanna give it a go?.. Whats your measurement between the wheelwells?

Yeah... those Mustang trunks have a small opening... I had to build 2 single ported boxes and join them together last time I put a pair of 12's in a Mustang... D*mn thing hammered tho... that XL moves some air and the port length will be longer due to the area needed for your power... IDK... I played with it and a single 5" round looks the best, 24" long... the multiple 4" aero is kinda long and the 6" has LENGTH.. if it was mine I'd do a single 5" round, flared a bit and side firing with the sub firing to the rear... it would be an experiment for me as I haven't done one in a Mustang as of yet... 8.75 motor width and 9" depth... thats a biggun'... Im not gonna be here for a few days until the weekend... but Im sure I can try to help when I get time... wanna give it a go?.. Whats your measurement between the wheelwells?
Between the wheel wells is about 37” I have a 3D printer big enough to make flare adapters for the 5” pvc. She definitely has some gravity in ‘er!!

Between the wheel wells is about 37” I have a 3D printer big enough to make flare adapters for the 5” pvc. She definitely has some gravity in ‘er!!
ok... you want me to try a side port?.. you got plenty of width

Whichever either a front slot port or side port, whichever you think would be best..
Ok... that slot port is tricky... ill stick with the round... youll flare it?.. correct?... ill try to side port a 5" round whats your max depth to get it in if I use 29" as a width and 15 max height... ill be a few days as im not at home currently...

Depth as shallow as possible without effecting performance.
OK... ill check parameters and redo it as best I can... can a Torres sheet suffice?... its under 2k so it'll be single ply birch braced and single baffled too... can you live with that or is a double baffle something you feel is necessary with probably less than 1500 after rise... they are kinda heavy tho... lemme know what you think... I had 62lb on a single ply braced with more power and I had no problem, but its your vehicle

You said the XL Elite.... I just would like someone to draw up plans for me it’s been years since I designed a ported Box because I was out of car Audio and since this is a little more complicated build than a standard side port slot. I’m open to 1.75 or a bit higher but not sure about tuning.
I was trying to save you some hassle man. My teammate runs DC Audio. He Knows Rusty personally. We have experimented with these subs non stop. I know what works for them. They prefer a small enclosure. They will fall off in these boxes you keep insisting on, up around 2 cu.ft. They don't need that much air space. Tune them wherever you want, but they like 1.6 cu.ft. net tuned at 36hz the best.

I agree with @gotgixers the XL's really liked smaller airspace and a higher tune over 35-36hz... I was just trying to accommodate what you wanted and I thought it would work... the lower tuning and larger airspace lowered the power handling and it did not take a big change either ... plus the port will be more manageable as well, not a mile long... seems to be geared for a higher tune for sure.

[quote name='shredder2']I agree with @gotgixers the XL's really liked smaller airspace and a higher tune over 35-36hz... I was just trying to accommodate what you wanted and I thought it would work... the lower tuning and larger airspace lowered the power handling and it did not take a big change either ... plus the port will be more manageable as well, not a mile long... seems to be geared for a higher tune for sure.[/QUOTE]
Okay how about 26 or so by 17 by 15” max external at around 1.65-75 tunes to 34 or 35?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.